Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jasoniman24

Bike Lanes in Greensboro

4 posts in this topic

I noticed after the repaving projects on Florida St, and Spring Garden St, they have added bike lanes, and signs on both streets. Maybe more people are riding bicycles because of the high gas prices? I think they are a good idea, considering they don't require major road construction. What other streets in Greensboro (Not Wendover!) should have bike lanes?

LOL. Wendover. That would be like attempting suicide to ride a bike on Wendover.

I sure would like to see more bike lanes.

Saw the lanes on Spring Garden & figured it was more for students. Would be nice to see something like that incorporated with the planned widening of Friendly Ave, though I understand it's not going to happen. The lack of commuter trails in Greensboro is a bit of a bummer. When I moved here it was like, "okay, so if I want to ride my bike, I have to drive my car to someplace where I can do so?!?"

I don't think bike lanes are a recent addition due to gas prices. Both Greensboro and Winston-Salem have made it stated they want to incorporate bike lanes in more road work where feasible. I will say though, if gas breaks the $4 a gallon mark, you'll see more bikes on the road!