Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Justiceham

Farmer's Market Complex Closer To Fruition

10 posts in this topic

Good news for the Murfreesboro. The Lane Agri Park on John Rice Boulevard will begin construction on a new community center, massive horse arena, livestock barn, and green space. The city planning commission has also discussed retail, restaurants, and likely, a hotel to follow the complex. The article was posted yesterday from wgns.

http://1450wgns.com/news.htm

Edited by Justiceham

Where exactly is John Rice Boulevard?

This is the connector road that runs from Cason Lane to Manson Pike along 1-24.

Edited by Justiceham

This the connector road that runs from Cason Lane to Manson Pike along 1-24.

Oh boy! More traffic for Old Fort Pkwy!

I remember there was talk of putting on on Memorial near Haynes Dr., but I think that either failed or got stalled due to the objections of local residents.

I remember there was talk of putting on on Memorial near Haynes Dr., but I think that either failed or got stalled due to the objections of local residents.

The plan was deferred for a little while, but not because of the residents. The planning commision asked for a special land study to be done in order to approve proper drainage and road improvements. The roads near the post office are almost complete and Hanes Drive will be widened to three lanes with curb and gutter. The Hanes family has agreed to sell the land for the new Walmart, and it is highly likely construction will begin this spring.

Sorry for steering off topic; I just couldn't remember what came of that 3rd Wal-Mart. I personally don't see the need, but obvioulsy Wal-Mart has figured out how to turn a profit without my little insight!