Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adrian

Budapest and Prague (Architecture pictures)

3 posts in this topic

I have been on a railway trip through Europe this summer, up to 2 days at every nice place. 1 month alltogether. Rome was the biggest disappointment, as I had way too high expectation. Athens was much better than i thought it would be. So were Dresden, Venice and many other cities. Anyway..

I found Prague and Budapest very special. Here are some of the pictures I took:

gehry.jpg

I suppose you all know about Frank Gehry. this is his Dancing building. Very fun to see it for real. (Prague)

zizkov2.jpg

zizkov.jpg

These two pictures shows the Zizkov monument in Prague. It was built for remembering the victory of General Zizka 80 years ago, but was used by nazis later, then by the communist. I usually hate those huge granite minimalism-buildings, but for some reason I fell in love with this one.

parli.jpg

parlinight.jpg

The Parliment in Budapest, during day and night.

budapest.jpg

The castle of Budapest.

Great pics, especially the night shots. I was dying to see Prague during my Germany trip last month, since I was not far in Leipzig, but just ran out of time. Hopefully next time, the city looks beautiful in just about every picture I've seen of it.

Great pics, especially the night shots. I was dying to see Prague during my Germany trip last month, since I was not far in Leipzig, but just ran out of time. Hopefully next time, the city looks beautiful in just about every picture I've seen of it.

Praha, so they call their City is beautiful and they are very friendly to americans.

if you go, be careful with the taxi cab drivers in Praha, they are known to rip off their customers in

"rigging up the fare" and making additional trips ect.

the czech dumplins are awesome (very good food)

Budapest and Hungary was once part of austria!

Gruss