Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Theophrastus Bombastus

'Capitol West' Building Could Become Housing

9 posts in this topic

Let's hope he makes good on his plans. I hate seeing the building, the way it is now.

It's about time. The guy that owner it prior was really sketchy, hopefully this new guy will work out better...

This is a building that needs to get addressed. It is an eyesore that everyone can see while they drive on I-84 in the city. It is also an eyesore right behind Union Station....one of the city's transportation hubs. It is also by the gatewa to Asylum Hill. The building is between downtown and possibly a new magnet school, AETNA, the Hartford, St Josephs Cathedral and the CT Culinary Institute

Why not put the magnet school there instead of at the corner of Broad and Farmington Ave? Then we could build a really nice APartment tower (or a Space Needle) at the other spot, I think those positions would be better....

I'm fascinated that this used to be a car dealership, on which floors were added. It explains why the building is so fantastically unsuited to the sight.

Unfortunately I'm concluding that the developer is going to permit this for housing and sell it to someone else to actually do the retrofit, which means we won't see any action over there anytime soon.

(but hey, I will grant that permits themselves are progress).

Why not put the magnet school there instead of at the corner of Broad and Farmington Ave? Then we could build a really nice APartment tower (or a Space Needle) at the other spot, I think those positions would be better....

I like this idea better as well. It seems to be a better fit for both projects.

I need to be the Urban Planner for Hartford, screw Greenberg or whatever his name is from Toronto...

I need to be the Urban Planner for Hartford, screw Greenberg or whatever his name is from Toronto...

You would probably do a much better job.