The Shops at Highland University

Bears

http://www.memphisdailynews.com/Editorial/...x?&id=93825

According to the article the housing won't be geared towards, but what kind of commercial development are they are trying to attract? I hope we get an H&M and a Cheesecake Factory. They would do very well in this area IMO. I didn't know Midtown extended all the way to Highland. I always thought Midtown was the area inside the parkways and Highland was the gateway to East Memphis. What are midtowns boundaries?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bear,

You know how it is. The real estate people move the boundaries to fit what they want them to be. I had always seen Midtown being inside of the Parkway. I gave it a little extra to the railroad tracks running east of the Fairgrounds to have a real clean break from East Memphis. I know that the Real Estate people consider Cherokee Gardens to be in Midtown. My guess is that they count Midtown ending at Highland. I only had East Memphis going to the 240 Loop and Ridgeway started after that. I'm certain East Memphis is everything east of Highland that is in the city limits for the real estate people.

Archived