Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yankee Fan

Downtown Breakfast

18 posts in this topic

This may be one of the shortest topics due to the subject. However...

Finally, someone has opened their restaurant for breakfast. The Ritz Coney (next to McFadden's) has opened a $5.99 breakfast buffet. The doors open at 7:00 am, which is perfect to grab some food and coffee for those of us heading into the office.

Other than just a Starbucks coffee, what are other places that we can grab some breakfast downtown?

BTW: Since the Ritz is locally owned, may I humbly place a vote for going there for breakfast to support local business owners?! They are truly taking a chance on this, from what I can tell.

Other than just a Starbucks coffee, what are other places that we can grab some breakfast downtown?

It

My favorite would have to be the Sundance Grill. Don't care for their lunch or dinner, but they have awesome breakfasts, IMO.

My favorite would have to be the Sundance Grill. Don't care for their lunch or dinner, but they have awesome breakfasts, IMO.

That is what I was going to say . . .The Morning Star breakfast scramble is my fav . . . .

I agree. Red G is a great "greasy spoon" kind of place. Big Boy is a good choice too. I'm always surprised at the number of business people doing deals over breakfast.

I like Denny's when it comes to breakfest. But there's none in DT.

As for Big Boy. I go there because I like that sauce they put on their hamburgers.

do any of these breakfeast places serve beer as well in the morning?

do any of these breakfeast places serve beer as well in the morning?

You don't drink beer in the morning (hello). Bloody Mary's!!

I certainly stand corrected! :)

I've had trouble finding a breakfeast spot that servces alcohol (I'm really not that much of a drinker, my brother and I had a Saturday morning tradition of beer & eggs for bfast) since Taps stopped doing bfast's.

Speak for yourself! :)

I prefer Founders' Kentucky Breakfast Stout to kick me awake in the mornings. :alc:

Some of the old bars like Teazers used to serve up some breakfast at 7:00 Am for the 3rd shiifters. I assume the bar was open too. I don't know if that practice continues.

With all the construction you can hardly get to teazer's or Rocky's these days.

Speak for yourself! :)

I prefer Founders' Kentucky Breakfast Stout to kick me awake in the mornings. :alc:

I certainly stand corrected!

:lol: Not downtown, but does Wolfgang's serve alcohol at breakfast? Good question. We need a House of Blues with their Gospel Brunch. Excellent!

:lol: Not downtown, but does Wolfgang's serve alcohol at breakfast? Good question. We need a House of Blues with their Gospel Brunch. Excellent!

I will never understand the desire for a House of Blues.

I'm too old to stand up for an entire concert. No thanks.

But I DO love a good breakfast - for dinner!

Anyone know if Ritz and Mezze are open on Sundays? I usually go out for breakfast on sundays and I'd like a new place to add to the rotation.

mezze is open sundays, i think at 10am, but im not sure about ritz.

Anyone know if Ritz and Mezze are open on Sundays? I usually go out for breakfast on sundays and I'd like a new place to add to the rotation.

I think the answer is in the first post of this thread. :huh: