One Beale

qwertycc

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I was in Downtown Memphis a couple of weeks ago and they have the construction

fences up for the Horizon towers and OneBeale. Looks to really be a go this time. I live in OKC now, but always keep up with Memphis news. I'm so glad to see this for Memphis. After this, Memphis needs to stop spreading the skyline out and making it more dense with more scrapers that truly touch the sky.

I"m on vacation in Seattle this week and these guys have an amazing downtown. If we were going to immulate any it should be this city. Even one of their suburbs, Bellvue, is building sky scrapers out the wazoo.

Way to go Memphis! I have plans for Memphis, if my business could ever just get me back home. I want to do so much...

• 4 weeks later...
But when is construction scheduled to begin? Is there anyone here that will be able to provide pictures of the project?

Also, I went to skyscraperpage.com and they do not yet have a rendering of this yet, but they do have one of sig. That seems odd, because One Beale seems to be the more likely of the two to be built, although Tennessee needs for both of them to come through.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't wait to see it either. Even though it is just one tower, it means so much to this city to get it. I'm 29 now, when I was in my teens I can remember watching them build Peabody Place Tower and wondering, why are they only going 16 stories. It is such a beautiful building and would have looked great at about 35 stories with a sphire on top.

Am I the only who really thinks this will look better than the Batman building Downtown N'ville? I remember watching that being built as well at around the same time Peabody Place got built. It was awesome to see it going up.

Go One Beale!!

I think it will be every bit as nice an addition to the skyline as the BellSouth Tower was to Nashville back in 1994(?). I am rather fond of some other existing Memphis towers such as the Porter Building, Morgan Keegan, and Lincoln-American, but this will definitely probably be somewhere in my top five list for the city. I am anxious to see it get off the ground and added to skyline.

Hopefully by the time One Beale is completed the credit and real estate markets will be in better shape and it can be a catalyst for more interest and demand for mixed-use high-rises in the CBD.

I can't wait to see it either. Even though it is just one tower, it means so much to this city to get it. I'm 29 now, when I was in my teens I can remember watching them build Peabody Place Tower and wondering, why are they only going 16 stories. It is such a beautiful building and would have looked great at about 35 stories with a sphire on top.

Am I the only who really thinks this will look better than the Batman building Downtown N'ville? I remember watching that being built as well at around the same time Peabody Place got built. It was awesome to see it going up.

Go One Beale!!

Archived