One Beale

qwertycc

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit of an update from the MBJ about the status of One Beale: http://memphis.bizjournals.com/memphis/sto...6737600^1335882

Is it just me, or is anyone else unsympathetic to Waterford Plaza? They're a 16-story building; there's buildings in their shadow! It's an urban, core district... Did they really expect to be the only high-rise in that area? <_<

A bit of an update from the MBJ about the status of One Beale: http://memphis.bizjournals.com/memphis/sto...6737600^1335882

I'm in that boat...it's an okay building, but from the back, it looks like a cheapo Orange Beach, Alabama condo building...definitely worth sacrificing in favor of One Beale...I particularly jumped to the unsympathetic team after reading the "Winter Shadow Study" bit...give me a break...

When is the GenX Inn going to be finished?

Its funny that you asked... I drove by today and saw people sitting in the lobby and someone at the receptionist desk. To my surprise, its actually a nice looking hotel (of course they could've chose a better name)!

Doesn't One Beale go before the Planning Commission tonight (the 6th), or am I confused about the dates?

Should be this week, on Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully all grievances have been appeased and Carlisle's latest plans are approved!

EDIT: Has anyone noticed how slow CCC is to update? They still have the One Beale and Horizon renderings from last year. They still haven't posted renderings for a few major projects; including the UT College of Pharmacy building ($43,000,000), Mirabella ($40,000,000), Regional Medical Center ($37,000,000), and Memphis Mental Health Institute ($27,000,000). Meanwhile, it has only taken them a few days to post the Crayola-quality sketches for the Supply House condos, and probably no more than 12 hours to post the elevations/sections for Trinity Towers.

Should be this week, on Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully all grievances have been appeased and Carlisle's latest plans are approved!

EDIT: Has anyone noticed how slow CCC is to update? They still have the One Beale and Horizon renderings from last year. They still haven't posted renderings for a few major projects; including the UT College of Pharmacy building ($43,000,000), Mirabella ($40,000,000), Regional Medical Center ($37,000,000), and Memphis Mental Health Institute ($27,000,000). Meanwhile, it has only taken them a few days to post the Crayola-quality sketches for the Supply House condos, and probably no more than 12 hours to post the elevations/sections for Trinity Towers.

they very well could be trying to get permission(from the companies) to print and post the images.

but thats purly speculative

Did you notice in that article that they mention the "Candy Factory condominiums" opposing the project. I may be wrong, but that's the first official mention of any Candy Factory project. Interesting...

I think in the August article they mentioned the Candy Factory briefly re opposition. But it's the first journalistic confirmation of at least a kernel of the idea that we've heard here.

it says "Residents from Wagner Place and the Candy Factory condominiums"

as though candy factory already exists...

It does, they are small condos and look recently refurbished. I stumbled across it yesterday. I yahoo-ed candy factory condos + memphis. I also checked candy factory towers + memphis and found nothing. found them! candy factory condos

262 Wagner, unit 202

Candy Factory Condominiums

Downtown Memphis

Features

Flooring

Currently Carpet but Wood Floors would be fantastic

Kitchen

All appliances remain Laundry Room/Pantry

Raised floor Kitchen Area Views of City from Kitchen

Open Kitchen Plan to Living Area

Bathroom

Glass Transoms to let in Natural Light

2 Full Baths with Shower Tub Combo

Bedrooms

2 Bedrooms Exposed Brick in Master

Cool Sleeping Loft for Kids or Unexpected Guests Raised Floor 2nd Bedroom

Great Closet Space Lots of Storage Under 2nd Bedroom

General Interior

Awesome Exposed Beam Ceiling Exposed Brick Walls

Loaded with Northern and Western Windows Painted Exposed Ducts

Large Arched Windows Wood Burning Fireplace

Building Amenities

Gated Parking Rooftop Deck equipped with Furniture

City View 1 Covered Parking and 1 Uncovered

Secure Limited Access

Within 50 yards of the Riverwalk Walk to ALL Entertainment

Walk to Beale, Fedex Forum & Auto Zone Ball Park Steps away from ALL Dining

Steps away from The Orphuem Theater Great 2nd Home Potential

Garland Company Real Estate

www.garlandcompany.com

Chris Garland Tracie Gaia

901.338.3226 901.649.6232

It does, they are small condos and look recently refurbished. I stumbled across it yesterday. I yahoo-ed candy factory condos + memphis. I also checked candy factory towers + memphis and found nothing. found them! candy factory condos

262 Wagner, unit 202

Candy Factory Condominiums

Downtown Memphis

Features

Flooring

Currently Carpet but Wood Floors would be fantastic

Kitchen

All appliances remain Laundry Room/Pantry

Raised floor Kitchen Area Views of City from Kitchen

Open Kitchen Plan to Living Area

Bathroom

Glass Transoms to let in Natural Light

2 Full Baths with Shower Tub Combo

Bedrooms

2 Bedrooms Exposed Brick in Master

Cool Sleeping Loft for Kids or Unexpected Guests Raised Floor 2nd Bedroom

Great Closet Space Lots of Storage Under 2nd Bedroom

General Interior

Awesome Exposed Beam Ceiling Exposed Brick Walls

Loaded with Northern and Western Windows Painted Exposed Ducts

Large Arched Windows Wood Burning Fireplace

Building Amenities

Gated Parking Rooftop Deck equipped with Furniture

City View 1 Covered Parking and 1 Uncovered

Secure Limited Access

Within 50 yards of the Riverwalk Walk to ALL Entertainment

Walk to Beale, Fedex Forum & Auto Zone Ball Park Steps away from ALL Dining

Steps away from The Orphuem Theater Great 2nd Home Potential

Garland Company Real Estate

www.garlandcompany.com

Chris Garland Tracie Gaia

901.338.3226 901.649.6232

So they weren't referring to the theoretical towers, then?

• 3 weeks later...

I hope its not something like the Vue again....... :unsure:

No, no...these things take awhile. It's only been a month since the LUCB approved the plans. If I'm not mistaken it still has to go before the City Council...

From today's CA. Carlisle bought the adjoining Joe's Crab Shack lot. Article

Archived