One Beale

qwertycc

I finally saw the new rendering of One Beale and it looks like they added exactly 5 floors to the tower. I don't know the floor height but I think the tower could break 500 ft. The downtown skyline has needed a 500 footer for a long time. Speaking of height, has anyone else noticed Horizon 1 going up, its getting pretty tall.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I finally saw the new rendering of One Beale and it looks like they added exactly 5 floors to the tower. I don't know the floor height but I think the tower could break 500 ft. The downtown skyline has needed a 500 footer for a long time. Speaking of height, has anyone else noticed Horizon 1 going up, its getting pretty tall.

Honestly, knowing Gene and his financial woes over the years and having partnered with him before, this project will never fly as long as he is the one spearheading it. Gene has survived on Wendy's and thats about it. He needs to stick to burgers and keep letting that pay his and Karen's bills. Because his kids will drain it dry just like they do Carlisle Corp. There is a reason he has had to downsize it and still no ground-breaking. They will still be cutting grass and weeds on that lot this time next year.

Honestly, knowing Gene and his financial woes over the years and having partnered with him before, this project will never fly as long as he is the one spearheading it. Gene has survived on Wendy's and thats about it. He needs to stick to burgers and keep letting that pay his and Karen's bills. Because his kids will drain it dry just like they do Carlisle Corp. There is a reason he has had to downsize it and still no ground-breaking. They will still be cutting grass and weeds on that lot this time next year.

• 4 weeks later...

Still no new rendering of the new tower. Considering this thing was supposed to break ground in late 2007 and still hasn't even been redisigned according to the new plans, and the fact that Horizon is even waiting to build its second tower, I'm beginning to lean in the direction that One Beale is not going to happen anytime in this decade, and maybe never at all.

Thoughts????

Still no new rendering of the new tower. Considering this thing was supposed to break ground in late 2007 and still hasn't even been redisigned according to the new plans, and the fact that Horizon is even waiting to build its second tower, I'm beginning to lean in the direction that One Beale is not going to happen anytime in this decade, and maybe never at all.

Thoughts????

Thoughts????

It's ok. I'm sure you guys have alot going and anything you tell us is just good on your part toward us. Thank you. When you get something us downtown junkies

would love to hear it and see it!!

Thank you gaushell.

Sorry about the delay. Things are progressing, but not ready for release as we need to update a lot of marketing materials. It is coming - these things just take time - especially when there are major adjustments to portions of the design - there is a major domino effect on everything.

• 3 weeks later...

Well.. hmmm *sigh I suppose everyone saw this coming. But I am extremely disappointed. One Beale as we knew is not gonna happen. Matter of fact as much

as I enjoy reading their "phase" plan, neither will it. Can't blame them, this is not the economy to even try that grand of a buiding. And it is very easy for those

of us who have no money sunk into it to whin. I suppose we can turn our attention to something new... maybe what we already have!!!! Go GRIZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is in response to the commercial appeal article today Sept 28th 2008.

^In a few years the economy will improve the market for new developments and high-rises will take off again and a new ambitious project will materialize. However, for now I have to think that the development and re-development of properties for ambitious projects -high-rise or low- will be rather slow until the nation gets its financial house in order and economy headed back in the right direction. This is a fact that will not only be true for Memphis, but for most all other cities as well.

^In a few years the economy will improve the market for new developments and high-rises will take off again and a new ambitious project will materialize. However, for now I have to think that the development and re-development of properties for ambitious projects -high-rise or low- will be rather slow until the nation gets its financial house in order and economy headed back in the right direction. This is a fact that will not only be true for Memphis, but for most all other cities as well.

With the plans totally changing now, if they are not going to build a high rise, and by that I mean 500 ft. or taller, they should not build anything on this spot of land and sell it back to the city for someone else who will actually not drag their feet and let a lesser project like "the horizon" get done first......This is sad, it would have been a nice addition for Memphis.

With the plans totally changing now, if they are not going to build a high rise, and by that I mean 500 ft. or taller, they should not build anything on this spot of land and sell it back to the city for someone else who will actually not drag their feet and let a lesser project like "the horizon" get done first......This is sad, it would have been a nice addition for Memphis.

• 1 month later...

Archived