Wet n Wild Water Park

jervais

When I was younger my parents would drive up to 5 or six hours to take us to a theme park. It seems like the Triad should really promote this park ( in other southeastern states) and expand the size of it. This would draw large regional attention and give another reason why people should come and visit the Triad. Any thoughts???

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was younger my parents would drive up to 5 or six hours to take us to a theme park. It seems like the Triad should really promote this park ( in other southeastern states) and expand the size of it. This would draw large regional attention and give another reason why people should come and visit the Triad. Any thoughts???

I know most people in NC are already aware of Emerald Pointe Wet n Wild and most of them rate it much higher than the water park at Carowinds. I think they are doing well and could probably pull from Southern VA and certain areas of SC.

I wonder why they are not operating the roller coaster anymore? Its still there, the ride is just not open and the coaster is not listed as one of the parks attractions on their website. I think it was called Hydra Fighter II. It seems like it would have been a very popular attraction so its odd for them to shut the ride down.

I wouldn't stop at just the regional area. I have lost my reference (apologies), but as of 3 days ago Emerald Point was ranked number 4 best water park in the United States. Thats right, numero quatro. In the U.S. So I agree, they definately need to be selling that fact big time, everywhere.

I know most people in NC are already aware of Emerald Pointe Wet n Wild and most of them rate it much higher than the water park at Carowinds. I think they are doing well and could probably pull from Southern VA and certain areas of SC.

I work with a woman who said her school sent their seniors to Emerald Pointe every year. That was about 12 years ago and in Roanoke, VA.

I wouldn't stop at just the regional area. I have lost my reference (apologies), but as of 3 days ago Emerald Point was ranked number 4 best water park in the United States. Thats right, numero quatro. In the U.S. So I agree, they definately need to be selling that fact big time, everywhere.

Interesting fact. Of the many waterparks all across the country, Emerald Pointe is the 12th largest waterpark in the United States and also has the largest wavepool in North America. But Emerald Pointe never makes it on that show on the Travel Channel called "America's Best Waterparks". I do think they need directionals signs on the interstates that say Wet'n Wild Emerald Pointe because its kinda odd the way the waterpark is tucked behind a shopping center.

I do think they need directionals signs on the interstates that say Wet'n Wild Emerald Pointe because its kinda odd the way the waterpark is tucked behind a shopping center.
The original plan was to build this water park surrounded by offices and shops (not the shopping center that is there now-but other buildings) The original plans never quite materialized in the same way, and it changed names (and presumably hands) before it became what it is now.

OMG!! I can't believe it costs $27.99 to get in now!! Plus $5 parking!! That's half a tank of gas!! :shok:

Yeah...get as many of your friends to go at the same time in one larger vehicle and split the parking rate.

Then pair up for the locker rental...you have to pay for those too, but you can usually cram two people's worth of towels/dry clothes into one locker.

• 9 months later...

Archived