Daughtry leaving McLeansville

suburban george3

Chris Daughtry, local favorite in the last American Idol, has left McLeansville. He now is the proud owner of a $690,000 home in Oak Ridge. The home is 4 bedrooms and 3,782 square feet with a pool and putting green. One of his neighbors will be NASCAR driver Kevin Harvick. It seems like success has come for our local boy, and even though McLeansville has lost him, I'm glad to see he's staying in the Triad area!! :thumbsup:

WSJ article about Chris' new digs

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantasia did the same thing, left High Point and moved to an upscale area of Charlotte which I will not disclose. :)

While she stayed in the state, she definitely got out of the Triad. While Fantasia can sing, she definetly isn't on the "booster board" for the High Point area. Chris is at least staying in the area.

I happy for him but a house costing about $700,000 should have more than 4 bedrooms. ;) At least he is staying in the Greensboro area. Fantasia hated High Point so much she just had to leave. But fantasia has lived in Charlotte before and she lived in Greensboro before she auditioned for American Idol.

Wait one hot minute: Chris didn't even win. Where's all this money coming from?

Is it just me, or is just about everyone on American Idol from NC? Bucky (Rockingham) and Kelly Pickler (Albemarle) from this past season are North Carolinians too. Then there's Fantasia and Clay Aiken. Are there others?

Then again, NC is presumably the 10th largest state at the moment (11th in 2004, but growing much faster than #10 New Jersey). It may just be proportionate to the population as a whole. And having auditions in Greensboro probably helps. You're more likely to try out if you live an hour or two away as opposed to having to fly somewhere, get a hotel, etc.

I guess I've answered my own question. But wait - where did Chris Daughtry and his forced vibrato get all that dough?

Then again, NC is presumably the 10th largest state at the moment (11th in 2004, but growing much faster than #10 New Jersey).

Completely off topic, but I think we need to sub Georgia in place New Jersey. As for where he got his cash, most of the finalists already have cut fairly lucrative record deals.

Lest we forget that when people on the news say "Raleigh," they often mean "Raleigh/Durham," which they think is one city, though it's simply (for their understanding) the region most conveniently served by the "Raleigh/Durham" airport.

As for where he got his cash, most of the finalists already have cut fairly lucrative record deals.

If their records are as awful as that Diana DeGarmo girls then i truly feel for them. Some of the most talented people in the world can't make it big in the music industry. I do think that these kids have talent. Some of them may have voices that annoy the hell out of me *says under breath* Clay, but they do have talent. The thing with a lot of these A.I. non winning contestants with record deals is that the songs on their albums SUCK. I get the impression that they are all being played by the record companies just to make a quick buck off their A.I. "fame"and established, but not necessarily loyal, fan base. Having said that, I think that it could be a little different for Daughtry. He's pretty sexy, has a sexy voice, and good on stage intensity..and as well all know sex definitely sells. I think he will do well, and I'm glad he didnt get the big head and move out to L.A. I'm all for more famous people living in NC.

Archived