Lieberman gets what he deserves

voyager12

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it ironic that all the CT people here, the ones that will actually do the voting, are the ones supporting Lieberman. How's that for an original statement. We'll be the one's doing the voting, not the people spread out across the country playing comfy-chair political analyst. You guys feel free to run your State's as you will, and vote for your people. He does a good job for us, has a few bad decisions under his belt which have dis-colored his reputation, but, in my opinion does his best for his constituents. He does what HE thinks is best, not what his party, or the other party, or whoever thinks. That's exactly what I ask for in a politician, someone who isn't a lemming, jumping off the cliff with the other lemmings. Can't have anyone breka rank and file now, can we? :rolleyes:

The proof will be in the pudding, if the people of Connecticut agree, and that means ALL the people of Connecticut, not just the right or the left, he'll represent us, if not, then it's all up to Ned. Either way, you guys need to get over yoursleves. Connecticut will not fall into the Sound because Joe Lieberman gets another 6 years. We aren't devil-warshiping baby-eaters, if you disagree, then move here and make your vote count, otherwise it's all huff and puff. If you really care about this one way or the other, let me know, I'll send you some nice info on Apartments being built in Downtown Hartford, they'll be opening the end of this month. Until then, you guys need some new material.

^Ordinarily I'd agree with that, but in this particular case, anyone who thinks this race is only about Connecticut is not seeing the whole picture. Reigning in the Bush administration has to be the top priority in this election cycle, for the sake of the entire nation. That won't happen if lemmings who follow the administration, regardless of their own party affiliation, are elected to the US Senate (which, remember, has authority over all Americans, not just residents of Connecticut).

Well its obvious that Republicans are voting for Lieberman so the Democrats will lose that seat in Congress. Democrats that join them are playing right into their hands. Its the SOS.

i think there's more important things to worry about than how many seats the dems have in congress... if you really think that lieberman will become a republican, you're kidding yourself. and if, for soem reason he does, it's only party affiliation. i don't think the parties were originally designed to be what they've become. we have a republican in congress from my current state of RI. on every vote that has mattered to me, he's voted against the norm of his party. lieberman will end up just like chafee... a moderate (occasionally left leaning) republican who doesn't play into the democrat/republican crap that needs to end.

one of the complaints about bush is that he purposely is trying to divide the country... the democrats are doing the same thing. we're one country. the issues are not as black and white as some here would like to make it seem. most intelligent people do not vote based strictly on black and white opinions.

^Ordinarily I'd agree with that, but in this particular case, anyone who thinks this race is only about Connecticut is not seeing the whole picture. Reigning in the Bush administration has to be the top priority in this election cycle, for the sake of the entire nation. That won't happen if lemmings who follow the administration, regardless of their own party affiliation, are elected to the US Senate (which, remember, has authority over all Americans, not just residents of Connecticut).

except lieberman will be there long after bush is gone... i don't think CT wants someone who doesn't know what he's doing in that role, and i don't blame them. he represents the people of CT, i think the people of CT have spoken and shown that they want joe.

Personally I think the folks in Connecticut like Lieberman generally.

BUT I bet the majority of his constituents are against his pro-war leanings.

I wish Chaffee would join the Dems. And Rudi Guilliano, and Pataki----they are too nice to be members of such a corrupt party. just my humble opinion:)

I wish Chaffee would join the Dems. And Rudi Guilliano, and Pataki----they are too nice to be members of such a corrupt party. just my humble opinion:)

it's probably true taht most of this constituents are against his pro-war tendencies, but they see other issues are more important that they agree with him on.

guiliani is more on bush's bandwagon now than ever before and much moreso than lieberman. we won't see him go democrat, neither will pataki. bloomberg however...

that's why party affiliation means nothing to me. it's the person that's running that matters. chafee is a moderately left leaning republican, same with bloomberg.

I wish party affiliation didn't mean anything. I think if we introduced instant run off elections, we'd have a more diverse party system. I agree that competition between parties for American votes would be better for the American people! Fair competition, that is.

I wish party affiliation didn't mean anything. I think if we introduced instant run off elections, we'd have a more diverse party system. I agree that competition between parties for American votes would be better for the American people! Fair competition, that is.

party affiliation does not mean everything to all politicians, which is why we have republicans like bloomberg and chafee and democrats like lieberman.

When will you guys get it through your heads. The Dems are not saints either, and in fact are just as corrupt as the Republicans, maybe more. We really need a third party!!!!

^^^I can't imagine anyone in their right mind thinking the Dems are a perfect ruling party~~~

But they are at least 1000000000000000000000000% better than what we have now!

Really? Because if they were, they wouldn't of lost so badly in 1994.

Really? Because if they were.. they wouldn't have controlled congress for 40 years straight and also during the depression...

And they didn't lose that badly in 1994.. I mean, in perspective, yes they did... but it is clear that Republicans are unfit for majorities in this country. It took 40 years for the democrats to get corrupt enough for them to be voted out of office... the Republicans have invented a kind of corruption and strangle-holding that would have been UNIMAGINABLE in 1994.. and they did it in 1/4 the time.

There was once a time when all that was needed really, were two parties.. because there was enough of a balance in each party to fit everyone's needs. You had the proto-fascist McCarthy-types of the Republican wing to satisfy the cowards... you had racists in both parties, and you had Republican progressives (think Teddy Roosevelt) and you had hardline conservative Republicans (think Harding, Coolidge)... you had conservative Democrats (the south) and progressive democrats (midwest).. and you have surviving today, the "I'm voting democrat no matter what" wing.. which is now confined to areas around Duluth, Minnesota.. although it is gaining ground in the Northeast.

Then out of nowhere, come these authoritarian Republicans that claim to be "conservatives". This describes Nixon, Bush, Reagan, DeLay, Gingrich.. and their little sidekick followers like Rush Limbaugh. They pulled the Republican party extremely far to the right with their "screw the lady in the wheelchair, she's just a lazy ingrate no-gooder probably with 5 kids livin' in a trailer and subsisting on government cheese" attitude and the "We're the authority, we'll spy on you and attack countries pre-emptively to protect you from teh ever-present terrorist threat that will inevitably grow whenever you dissent" attitude.

I HATE this wing of the Republican party. I despise, detest, am disgusted by these people, and they control the party right now. This whole "It's okay if they spy on me.. I have nothing to hide" attitude is appauling.. nu uh.. not happenin' in my neck of the woods.

Now that Bushy's little program got turned down becuase it was unconstitutional, the right wingers have nothing but attacks on the judge.. you know being BLACK.. and from DETROIT???? A CARTER APPOINTEE!?!?!!? OH dear God, the world is doomed... a black woman from Detroit told the president what the Constitution of this country already said and now he has his panties up in a wad because of it.

Face the facts: Anybody who supports this kind of president, Democrat, Republican, Republicrat or Demublican... they don't deserve office. Call me radical... somebody's gotta be.

^^^ your words are strong, but there is none of it I disagree with. I am also totally fed up with this unimaginable administration.......

I have a strong feeling the electorate is getting ready for a big statement this November. Bush's approval poll numbers have been terrible for quite some time.

I still can't believe these evil right-wingers like Carl Rove got away with outing a CIA agent!!!!! Doesn't that show conclusively how corrupt our current government is? They can wreck a CIA agent's whole focus, her work, her connections, her career....all out of spite toward her husband who just told the truth!

Call me extreme, but I feel that outing a CIA agent for pure spite is evil to the core.

When Lieberman starts apologizing for Bush, he loses. Bush's absurd presidency will probably be an instant curse for most campaigning Republicans this fall.

According to the latest poll, Lamont and Lieberman are now statistically deadlocked, with Lieberman's lead diminished to a mere 2% among likely voters.

i think that poll ended up with more undecided voters than the one from quinnipiac a week earlier. there was a CNN article that had more info on it.

Lieberman thought he would just coast to an easy win after going off the reservation following his Dem defeat, expecting moderate Republicans and Independents to flock to him. While I still think he is slightly favored unfortunately...he is going to have to fight for it. Lamont ran a very smart and tough primary campaign and the more Lieberman is tied to friends like Dick Cheney and Karl Rove, the worse off he becomes.

Lieberman thought he would just coast to an easy win after going off the reservation following his Dem defeat, expecting moderate Republicans and Independents to flock to him. While I still think he is slightly favored unfortunately...he is going to have to fight for it. Lamont ran a very smart and tough primary campaign and the more Lieberman is tied to friends like Dick Cheney and Karl Rove, the worse off he becomes.

honestly, i trust the quinnipiac poll over this new one. they have a very good track record with CT politics.

regardless of what these polls say, i still think lieberman will win fairly easily. and that's a good thing, not an unfortunate thing.

I don't think so. Lieberman is looking bad on every interview that he is doing on TV these days because he is getting asked very tough questions that he is unable to answer without a lot of tap dancing and doublespeak. He no longer seems confident. His interview on CNN on Tuesday afternoon make him look particularly bad due to questions about him joining the Republican caucus if they retain control of the senate. Bill Frist has already offered to let him join if he wins the election.

I predict his bounce from loudly declaring himself an independent is going to quickly disappear and what I said earlier, a campaign with no machine, is no campaign. Leiberman needs to be way ahead of Lamont this early in the polls if he is to manage to survive until November and the fact that he isn't is a bad bad sign for his campaign.

I say go ahead and stick him with a fork, because he is done.

Archived