Shreveport mayoral election

Mudbugger

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We shouldn't be all that surprised by the results.

With the Times and all the local media, including KMJJ enodorsing Glover, what did we expect?

I thought it was illegal for radio stations to endorse someone?

Get ready for 4 more years of Hightower-esque cronyism and Shreveport falling even deeper into debt.

I talked with someone recently and they said that Jones "pussed out" by rushing to his daughter's bedside.

What a load of crap, at least he has the heart to do the right thing.

I have called Glover "Big Mac" for the longest time, I guess i will have to change his moniker to "Mayor McCheese"!

We shouldn't be all that surprised by the results.

With the Times and all the local media, including KMJJ enodorsing Glover, what did we expect?

I thought it was illegal for radio stations to endorse someone?

Get ready for 4 more years of Hightower-esque cronyism and Shreveport falling even deeper into debt.

I talked with someone recently and they said that Jones "pussed out" by rushing to his daughter's bedside.

What a load of crap, at least he has the heart to do the right thing.

I have called Glover "Big Mac" for the longest time, I guess i will have to change his moniker to "Mayor McCheese"!

Well, I was on quite a high for a while.

And this election was obviously good for Urban Planet's Shreveport-Bossier forum, because a few minutes ago we had 24 users browsing, which is 14 users more than I'd ever seen on this board at any one time.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong. Shreveport truly deserves good leadership, and there's no reason the entire city should suffer because of some people who were misguided in their collective choice for mayor.

Looks like we had nearly 50% voter turnout... that is huge.

The final FINAL numbers are:

Cedric Glover: 35,175

Jerry Jones: 30,646

Congrats, Shreveport, you have a new mayor. And you've finally gotten your first black mayor. Please, Mr. Mayor, and please citizens of Shreveport, make the best of this.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived