Board of Licenses Meetings

JimmyGreaves

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't read the document...it's all squiggles.

Are you on a Mac. I downloaded it with Camino and read it in Preview without a problem.

is there a bar there too? i noticed on the agenda that they also want to expand...

There is a bar. They are in DePasquale Square next to Dolce Vita. I was there last weekend and the outdoor was jammed and there was no one inside. :lol: I don't know where they could expand to, I think its probably to do with the outdoor seating.

I'm amazed you'd need a license just to have karaoke. It seems pretty harmless (though painful sometimes) to me.

For some reason its considered entertainment, though I've never found anything entertaining about it.

• 2 weeks later...

these meetings must be somewhat amusing... i like the writeup for the incident at sidebar... they "couldn't find" the counter and "ran out" of wristbands... and then the drunk kid throwing himself against a wall.

we had a kid like that at uconn when i was there. watched him walk into a tree in our quad as he was walking back from a bar. he got up and started yelling at it. then he started attacking it and fell back off it a few times. eventually my RA called the cops and the kid ran up the tree when they came. it was a small tree. as they were telling him to get down, the top broke off and he fell. he was then arrested. that same week 3 more people got into fights with the same tree. it was a strong tree and won each time. :lol:

nice... underage drinking at 3 of the PC bars.

Not to be too jaded, but isn't underage drinking pretty much automatic, if not the raison d'etre in the case of a college bar. At least when I was in school the bars that catered to my college would not have stayed in business without the under-21 crowd. Most of those of legal age migrated to more reputable establishments.

also... i think it's strange that PC has to get permits to have stuff happen on their property and in their buildings.

Remember PC is a college, not a soveriegn nation. :lol: They are in the same boat as any other property owner, like Trinity for example, which was on the same docket.

Not to be too jaded, but isn't underage drinking pretty much automatic, if not the raison d'etre in the case of a college bar. At least when I was in school the bars that catered to my college would not have stayed in business without the under-21 crowd.

Pretty much. Bars like Remis are only open because they allow anything to slide as an ID or just don't ID at all. It's the same in Albany too, any ID that says you're over 21 would get you into any bar. I had an expired Massachusetts ID of a 28 year old blonde kid when I was underage and it worked like a charm (I have black hair...)

Not to be too jaded, but isn't underage drinking pretty much automatic, if not the raison d'etre in the case of a college bar. At least when I was in school the bars that catered to my college would not have stayed in business without the under-21 crowd. Most of those of legal age migrated to more reputable establishments.

Remember PC is a college, not a soveriegn nation. :lol: They are in the same boat as any other property owner, like Trinity for example, which was on the same docket.

no, they probably woudl not be in business... but it's not an excuse to allow it.

i know they have to obey the law, but their property doesn't really abutt any residential, at least not where they want to have this stuff.

I'm amazed you'd need a license just to have karaoke. It seems pretty harmless (though painful sometimes) to me.

It is done outdoors... and for anyone living on the square... it pretty much guarantees that you will be kept awake until at least 1 a.m. on a weeknight... :sick:

- Michael Csollany

Archived