PROPOSED: Artiste Lofts LLC

This was in the Providence Projects thread, its on the Zoning Board's agenda for August 29th [pdf].

700xbar.png

Artiste Lofts LLC at Eagle Square

v21-ArtisteLoftsEagleSquare.jpg

Location: Eagle and Valley Streets {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Olneyville/Valley

Use: 145 loft style live/work units

THE LATEST CASE in point is the Procaccianti Building, a complex of old mills on the Eagle Street side of Eagle Square (commonly misidentified as Eastern Butcher Block because of the prominent signage displayed by its neighbor) that were owned until recently by the Procaccianti Group, a Cranston-based hospitality-management company. In September, Artiste Lofts LLC of Los Angeles bought the 190,868-square-foot, three-acre complex for $1.7 million, according to Neil Amper of Rodman Real Estate, the broker for the sale. According to a press release from Artiste Lofts

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was in the Providence Projects thread, its on the Zoning Board's agenda for August 29th [pdf].

Ron Wierks, who represents Artiste Lofts from New Brunswick, New Jersey, says the company was attracted to the location in part because of other recent developments in the area, including the one at Eagle Square. "We feel like that area there is in a transitional period," he says. "You now have the conveniences of the [shaw

Yes, between ALCO and Eagle Square.

I have to go re-walk/drive this area to regain perspective of the impact of this development, as I never think of these two in my mind as being that close together, but looking at a map just now, the Western edge of ALCO is indeed one or two blocks from Eagle Square...

- Garris

If you look at Eagle Square as a super block, bounded by Eagle, Valley and Atwells you'll see that the northest quadrant of that super block (north of the river) is not complete. This is Artiste Lofts, west of Eagle, south of Valley, north of the river, and east of Shaws. Though this developer has nothing to do with Eagle Square itself.

I beleive Eastern Butcher Block sits east of Eagle Street and is not part of this project, but may be part of ALCO.

The bottom right of this image is Artiste Lofts. ALCO reaches all the way to it.

rev-alco-rendering-lg.jpg

Ugh, I couldn't get to LiveLocal earlier, but now I can, here it is centered on Artiste Lofts:

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&amp...p;scene=2473282

To the left is Shaws, to the right is Eastern Butcher Block (connected by a skybridge which I assume is going away), and to the bottom is Staples.

I see it now. I hope they incorporate some sort of riverwalk type improvements or something, although I doubt there will be.

The Artiste Lofts buildings actually emerge right out of the river, the footings of the buildings are in the river. But there is a bike path on the Eagle Square side of the river in this location already.

v21-ArtisteLoftsEagleSquare.jpg

You can see here on the right, is part of Artiste Lofts, coming right out of the river. To the left you can see the fencing along the edge of the Eagle Square bike path.

I see that. I just have a long term vision of having a riverwalk type of environment from the PPM to just about this building and hopefull there will be a way to tie it in at this site.

i agree... i like that idea, but since it comes right out of the river, i'm not sure that'd work... unless there's a foot bridge over to the eagle square bike path.

it looks like they've asked for relief from the landscaping requirement, probably because there's not alot of place for trees what with the building coming out of the water. However in chicago, in some of the old factory buildings along the river, the city requires some sort of landscaping even if its just "window box" type planters at the windows and on the tops of the buildings. It is quite good looking. The idea is that the building needs to show a good face to the river, as well as the rest of the community.

i agree... i like that idea, but since it comes right out of the river, i'm not sure that'd work... unless there's a foot bridge over to the eagle square bike path.

a footbridge would be fine. Between this and ALCO - the river from roughly the Projo to Eagle could be transformed to the walkable/recreational/relaxational envirnoment I envision - I just hope there are plans and/or the city hold the developers to create it...

I mean think of all the resisdential components this and ALCO will have - one could ride a bike to the PPM - or walk along the river to the commercial/retail components of ALCO (and work in the hotel/retail/commercial parts of ALCO, the Projo, etc.). The river isn't going anywhere and I just think it should turned into an asset and used to improve the overall quality of life in this corridor.

Isn't Rising Suns and a couple other smaller condo/apartment conversions just south and west of here too - tie it all in I say!

mean think of all the resisdential components this and ALCO will have - one could ride a bike to the PPM - or walk along the river to the commercial/retail components of ALCO (and work in the hotel/retail/commercial parts of ALCO, the Projo, etc.). The river isn't going anywhere and I just think it should turned into an asset and used to improve the overall quality of life in this corridor.

FYI The Eagle Square path will be part of the larger Woonasquatucket bike path. You can go to the mall right now from Eagle Square along Kinsley which is supposed to be marked for bikes. The Eagle Square path connects to Kinsley at Eagle St.

a fun thing to do is just to use live local to follow the Woonasquatucket out to Smithfield. This will be all be a new bike path, although the part between Valley St. in PVD and Lyman Ave. in Johnston will likely be attached to the road.

Isn't Rising Suns and a couple other smaller condo/apartment conversions just south and west of here too - tie it all in I say!

Yes, this is the missing link between the Shaw's development and what is to be the new ALCO complex. There's also a condo/loft conversion which they've been working on for some time on the south side of Kinsley Ave. at the corner of Eagle St.

Great news! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived