1015 Wealthy

GRDadof3

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The difference is that the project on Diamond is not in a Traditional Business District zone, so it doesn't have the design or architectural requirements. I believe that the Diamond project is not in the Wealthy St. Historic District, either.

It's in the Fairmount Square Historic District, not the Wealthy Theatre Historic District.

So much for the character of the neighborhood.

That's just awful....horrible. Not the right place for modernist infill.

I really dont find anything wrong with a little 21st century being added to the area. This type of mixing it up is common even in the old capitals of Europe. As long as its not too crazy.

This is a really nice building. And to be honest, it outshines some of the grarbage that still exist on that street, like the liquor store to the far left of the above photo. The only thing I would like to see is the building to not have two gaps between it and its neighbors.

This is true that the doors can not generally swing into the sidewalk, but I think he was referring to the second floor where the recess is. If that slab is expsed there to create a nice balcony for the users above, I'm all about it. But if the whole building recesses and that recess is unusable on the upper floors, I think it is just a waste of possible floor space

The scale of the building is spot on. But I'm not too sure if I can settle into all the glass and metallic surfaces as it seems too harsh. Accenting with some materials the ajacent buildings are made of, would add much needed character.

I am not sure how much I like it. Overall it is not too bad, however it would be nice if the incorporated historic architectural ideas into the design. It can still be the same building, but less concrete and glass looking.

I'm all for the modernism... its exterior appearance is modernist and 'of its time' not some pseudo-historical fake.

The overall form of the building seems to be quite traditional or historical though. It's similar in size, form, and layout to the surrounding context, and therefore fits in quite well, even though it doesn't have brick arches and double hung windows.

Well done.

• 9 months later...
Not yet, but we are trying to put entrepeneurs in the spaces. Our hope is to find a person committed to the neighborhood who has a good idea for a business. A start up business would be ideal, but it isn't mandatory. We are also very willing to work with people as far as helping set up a business (build out, advice,help with marketing ect. ect.) as long as the people are committed and have a plan.

Archived