1015 Wealthy

GRDadof3

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Hey everyone, this is my first post here. My name is Jonathan Thrasher. I'm a photographer based in Grand Rapids. I've been looking for a space I could use as a live/work space. I'm actually meeting with the Bear Manor people and Grub & Ellis on Wed. this week to talk about this property and see if it's something that could work for me.

From what I've seen and read about this project it really seems like it could work for what I want. I love the area, and I think my business would be a great addition to the area. The size of the project is perfect for what I'm looking for. I'm looking forward to learning more about this project and if it will really work for me.

I'll keep ya'll posted.

Jonathan Thrasher

www.jthrasherphoto.com

• 3 months later...

We are very close to signing a lease with Corey from the Electric Cheetah Bistro. We like him alot, and we have a good deal of confidence in his talent. He has a website, just look up The Electric Cheetah. The thing that has changed is the sub-prime fiasco. We had financing lined up, then we needed a signed lease to get the loan. Oh well, can't blame them.

We are very close to signing a lease with Corey from the Electric Cheetah Bistro. We like him alot, and we have a good deal of confidence in his talent. He has a website, just look up The Electric Cheetah. The thing that has changed is the sub-prime fiasco. We had financing lined up, then we needed a signed lease to get the loan. Oh well, can't blame them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So when does construction start? We walked by there after the concert at the Wealthy Theater last night and noticed the lot was still full of pine trees. I thought it said on the Electric Cheetah website that they were aiming for an early June opening. Can you really throw up a building and get a restaurant in there and open that fast?

• 1 month later...

Congratulations to all involved on the groundbreaking! I attended the ceremony today and it was excellent. A very enthusiastic community turnout, some nice words spoken by those involved with getting things off the ground, and then some inspiring conversations afterward at the Meanwhile. The Electric Cheetah soup samples were excellent!

Here's hoping for a smooth construction and opening. Looking forward to it!

Congrats on the groundbreaking - but I just saw the rendering and slightly cringed. It looks like a mini-GRAM minus the waterfall and stuff.

It looks kind of cold next to the other buildings. But who knows - once it is built and the interior lighting gets set in there - maybe it won't be so bad.

But I'm not putting down new businesses whatsoever :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. The framing should be done in a day or two. More to come soon. I guess we were a little overly optimistic about how long it would take. We thought new construction would be a snap compared to our renovations where we built a building inside an existing one. Live and learn I guess....

Archived