342 Michigan NE

twoshort

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. Integrated?

Lott3Metz. It's unfortunate that it appears the house on Prospect has to come down to make room, but at least the parking will then be in the rear. I like the design a lott!

"Integrated?" "... a lott!" You guys bust me up. Funny stuff.

I'll post after the planning commission.

It's a cool project, we're excited.

Lott3Metz. It's unfortunate that it appears the house on Prospect has to come down to make room, but at least the parking will then be in the rear. I like the design a lott!

I was wondering about the house. It would be a shame if that is the case. Isn't that house within the HH boundaries? If so wouldn't the HPC have to get involved? :P I think this is a good use of that site.

SW corner of Michigan and Prospect. I'm sure Ted can fill us in, but it's two stories, 3500 sq ft with a drive-thru and access from Prospect and Michigan.

lkmi.jpg

Site plan:

lkmistpl.jpg

Existing Site:

lkmiexist.jpg

Very interesting looking building for a bank. I can't wait to see it.

The rendering was done in Google Sketchup. I recognize many of the stock objects around the building.

Actually I guessed Integrated by mistake, I was really going to guess Progressive becuase I know they've put out a couple Sketchup renderings recently.

Ted, whats the rationale behind the blade wall sticking up on the left? Please don't let it turn out like that stupid new Pennzoil place at 131 and Burton where they had to cut a big hole into the blade wall so that the wind wouldn't topple it over.

I was wondering about the house. It would be a shame if that is the case. Isn't that house within the HH boundaries? If so wouldn't the HPC have to get involved? :P I think this is a good use of that site.

The HH border is the alley and the house sits just north of it. It will be interesting to see what the HPC tries to do to save the house.

Is that the Second Story lot? Are they selling the lot to the Bank or is Second Story going to own the building and the bank lease back? It looks like a great improvement over the service station. It is great to see the rebirth of Michigan Ave.

Does anyone know what is going on where the old Armory was on Michigan towards Fuller?

Actually I guessed Integrated by mistake, I was really going to guess Progressive becuase I know they've put out a couple Sketchup renderings recently.

Ted, whats the rationale behind the blade wall sticking up on the left? Please don't let it turn out like that stupid new Pennzoil place at 131 and Burton where they had to cut a big hole into the blade wall so that the wind wouldn't topple it over.

:rofl: I thought I was the only person to ever notice that...

I'm not covering this, so I'm not allowed to spill much of anything (or you would have seen it when that LEASED sign went up last year). The plans here jive with what I originally heard about this property. It wasn't LMCU. I have no reason to believe any of that has changed..

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps this belongs in the rumor mill, but I have heard rumblings that that property could become a hotel.

:whistling:

I am not sure if this is the right place for this or not but I heard that there has been an offer on the property for an 80 room Hotel. Lets just see of the owner accepts or not. I heard it was low.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Ted Lott and Company will be back this Thursday with a slightly revised plan for this credit union. Oh, and the house they want to demo, it's not within the Heritage Hill boundaries. Despite that fact the folks with the HHA aren't too happy with the plan. In general I like it, and think it's appropriate for Michigan Street.

Linky

Looks like Ted Lott and Company will be back this Thursday with a slightly revised plan for this credit union. Oh, and the house they want to demo, it's not within the Heritage Hill boundaries. Despite that fact the folks with the HHA aren't too happy with the plan. In general I like it, and think it's appropriate for Michigan Street.

Linky

I agree...I like the design, and I also like the fact that the Michigan Street renewal continues to crawl eastward. I look forward to the day when Michigan Street from Fuller to downtown becomes a solid mix of well-designed retail, office, light-industrial, and residential buildings. While a lot of business already exists on this road, many of the buildings leading into the medical development area could use some serious help. LMCU is a great step towards this process.

Archived