342 Michigan NE

twoshort

We're still moving ahead. We've been bogged down in working out some the exterior details on the building that are now close to resolution. After we get those details settled, we'll get on to construction. LMCU is still going there.

As a point of clarification, Lott3Metz is LMCU's architect only. LMCU will develop the project as the owner.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This building is looking great! I love the materials.

I heard that the LMCU building will also have a coffee shop in the building. Kind of an odd combination, it will be owned/operated by the credit union and will be called the Perk.

I wonder if you can make a cash deposit and latte' withdraw at the same time? :)

Joe

This building is looking great! I love the materials.

I heard that the LMCU building will also have a coffee shop in the building. Kind of an odd combination, it will be owned/operated by the credit union and will be called the Perk.

I wonder if you can make a cash deposit and latte' withdraw at the same time? :)

Joe

I've wondered the same thing but never got an answer. My guess would be no. Since they started building this there was a Bigby's billboard and now a tanning salon billboard. I hope these businesses paying for the advertisement are paying a lower rate for this billboard now that you can't see it more than half a block away.

It does seem that the drivethrough of the building was designed with the billboard in mind.

What's interesting to me is that the drive-thru looks like you'll enter immediately off Michigan and then exit around back onto Prospect. But the drive-thru is so close to the street it doesn't look like there will be any room to idle/wait. So will we end up with a line of cars in the right-hand lane of eastbound-Michigan waiting to turn in? Seems like it could get ugly.

What's interesting to me is that the drive-thru looks like you'll enter immediately off Michigan and then exit around back onto Prospect. But the drive-thru is so close to the street it doesn't look like there will be any room to idle/wait. So will we end up with a line of cars in the right-hand lane of eastbound-Michigan waiting to turn in? Seems like it could get ugly.

• 2 months later...

The exterior appears complete. Landscaping is up along Michigan and Prospect. Drywall and light fixtures installed inside, and it looks like a pile of office furniture in the middle of the rotunda. They ought to be able to open by August for sure.

Archived