1005 Wealthy St SE

twoshort

• 5 weeks later...

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...
We have just finished the rough framing on the inside, and turned it over to the subs. Most exterior work will start when it gets warm enough to paint. We are not radically changing the facade- the glass block by the front door will run all the way to the ground, and the side windows will be replaced with picture glass. Besides that, just tucking up the old siding and painting... I would also like to throw a couple of deco lights on the front, but I haven't talked to the historical folks about that yet. I have some pictures for you, but I still can't get them to post- Help! How do you get them from flickr to here?

If you are using Firefox for your browser, open up separate tabs for UrbanPlanet and flickr. Go to flickr and just above the photo you want is a tab called "ALL SIZES", click on that. Pick the size photo you want (might as well pick one of the largest because UP automatically resizes them). Underneath the photo you will see "Grab the photo URL". Copy that and come back to UP and click on Insert Image icon, paste the photo onto that line. You can then "preview post" to see if it worked correctly. Let me know if that works. :thumbsup:

There is some room in the back to make a little parking- one of the advantages of owning the whole block is that we can provide parking for the middle two properties. This Spring we will complete the exterior work on the ends, as well as put in a comprehensive landscaping plan. I would like to use that large swath of green on Wealthy street to plant some native gardens, as well as some nice sized oaks and maples.

Archived