twoshort

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That was my question too. Is the bar going to be refurbished? I liked the "icebox" hinges on the lower cabinets. Looks like the top needs some work.

Also, the beer garden- is that going to be out the back door or is it on the patio (that already has pavers) to the west of the building? If so, are you popping a hole in the side?

I think it's going to be great. What's up with the old bars? Will they be used (or at least part of them)?

P.S. Thanks guys for letting us come through!

That was my question too. Is the bar going to be refurbished? I liked the "icebox" hinges on the lower cabinets. Looks like the top needs some work.

Also, the beer garden- is that going to be out the back door or is it on the patio (that already has pavers) to the west of the building? If so, are you popping a hole in the side?

RapidGrowth has an article about the brick patio garden on the corner (which as twoshort said is not owned by Bear Manor):

http://www.rapidgrowthmedia.com/developmen...ehpark0503.aspx

I like the renovation so far. It's still a bit early to visualize the interior space, but it's a great addition to that neighborhood.

I'm pretty sure the beer garden is in back. The lot to the west is owned by the Image Shoppe (the building just north of the empty lot). I was curious about your statement that you might not carry any bud or miller products. While I applaud your intentions to stay local, does that mean there will be no inexpensive beers on tap?

Yes, the beer garden will be out back. Jeff is working with Tom Roeters to design concrete table tops, and a cast bar for back there. It should be very unique, quite hip. Apparently as a development of a contact made at the lunch and learn, the ground will be paved by brick reclaimed from the Busch Building renovation. Very cool. :thumbsup:

The original front bar is solid cherry, you bet we're refurbishing that. The coolers cabinets will be retro fitted with new fridges, and used in the back bar. The tall shelf portion of the back bar was gone when we got the building, too nasty to save.

Greetings friends of the Meanwhile!

You are invited to check out the progress of the renovations this Saturday from 4pm - 6pm! As you may know, East Hills' Garagefest will be happening across the street and the Wealthy Street Business Alliance is having it's Spring Fling.

So come on out and support your neighborhood businesses, the neighborhood association, and your upcoming neighborhood bar! And don't forget to bring some cash so you can purchase your Meanwhile Money!

The details:

The Meanwhile Bar

1005 Wealthy St. SE

Free tours: 4pm - 6pm

Saturday, May 12th

Hope to see you there!

tami & jeff

Yes, the beer garden will be out back. Jeff is working with Tom Roeters to design concrete table tops, and a cast bar for back there. It should be very unique, quite hip. Apparently as a development of a contact made at the lunch and learn, the ground will be paved by brick reclaimed from the Busch Building renovation. Very cool. :thumbsup:

The original front bar is solid cherry, you bet we're refurbishing that. The coolers cabinets will be retro fitted with new fridges, and used in the back bar. The tall shelf portion of the back bar was gone when we got the building, too nasty to save.

Archived