1005 Wealthy St SE

twoshort

I agree Dave, and when my PM went un-acknowledged I thought maybe it really was just me.

EDIT: I should say, I still hit the meanwhile once a week and I hope I didn't jump the gun by posing this question in the general forum. It wasn't my intention to hurt business or sway anyone from going.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree Dave, and when my PM went un-acknowledged I thought maybe it really was just me.

EDIT: I should say, I still hit the meanwhile once a week and I hope I didn't jump the gun by posing this question in the general forum. It wasn't my intention to hurt business or sway anyone from going.

I hope my reply wasn't understood to mean avoid the Meanwhile. I still continue to support the place because it's a local business trying to make good, and you have to love what BearManor has done to restore the building. Plus, the bar fills a niche nicely along Wealthy St. That said, I also think it's good to inform a potential customer what they could expect by sharing our experiences. That's why sites like eBay, Amazon, Target, etc., have customer feedback sections. If we didn't express our feelings, the site would resemble the Will Ferrell brainwash scene in Zoolander.

....That said, I also think it's good to inform a potential customer what they could expect by sharing our experiences. That's why sites like eBay, Amazon, Target, etc., have customer feedback sections. If we didn't express our feelings, the site would resemble the Will Ferrell brainwash scene in Zoolander.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Stopped in the Meanwhile on Sunday afternoon while walking the

neighborhood (and waiting for our Sandman's ribs to come off

the grill).

Friendly bartender, friendly customers, great early 80's music.

On vinyl, no less. Very, very cool.

But even with both the front and back doors open the place smelled

like a big ashtray. I suggested that maybe they make the new patio

a non-smoking area. I know I'd be there a lot more.

In The Meanwhile's defense, even places that I don't consider overly smoky (i.e.: McFadden's) smell like ashtrays on Sundays when they first open. Saturday nights reek havoc on the air quality. I don't know if this is the case here, but yeah...

• 4 weeks later...

Friends!

We are so happy to announce the Grand Opening of our much awaited Beer Garden on Saturday, May 10th!!!!!! Festivities will begin at 5pm and will include drink specials and appetizers. You must come and see our fantastic tribute to the great state of Michigan! This new outdoor seating area will add approximately 50 to our capacity, and will be the perfect spot to spend a sunny, Saturday afternoon.

A huge thank you to all of you who have come out and visited us over the last couple of months! March and April proved to be very fun times at The Meanwhile.

Also coming up in May:

Thursday, May 1st @ 8pm

Archived