Kohl's

psycuda

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Post 14 and 15 of this thread. That's about the only place I've heard it discussed. I've read nothing about it in the Democrat or on the City's Growth Management meeting's schedule...............yet? I hope it is true. I'm tired of seeing that vacant bldg. in such a visible/high volume area.

• 3 months later...

Seriously, they could have done this report months ago. I'm afraid to know what there could be out there that we don't know to talk about that the Democrat won't get to for some good time in the future. I, in many ways, view this as an extension of the Governor's Square mall. Because I've seen Kohl's as a major anchor in many newer malls, especially some in Michigan, and I feel this will enhance the Apalachee Parkway portfolio.

Seriously, they could have done this report months ago. I'm afraid to know what there could be out there that we don't know to talk about that the Democrat won't get to for some good time in the future. I, in many ways, view this as an extension of the Governor's Square mall. Because I've seen Kohl's as a major anchor in many newer malls, especially some in Michigan, and I feel this will enhance the Apalachee Parkway portfolio.

Maybe once Kohl's opens on that corner it will give the owners of the other corner some incentive to renovate/redevelop the old, run down K-Mart center. That place looks like a disaster area. Wasn't Cracker Barrel looking to build on an out parcel of the K-Mart shopping center not too long ago?

Drove by on my way to work this morning, and it looks like they have started to tear the old Albertson's down. Big hole in the front of the building with a couple crane things (like the Snort in Are You My Mother for those of you with kids or a long memory) out there working.

I saw that yesterday. It felt a bit strange seeing that building, which had been there my whole life, torn down so quickly. Albertson's and Winn-Dixie have surely allowed Publix to stomp them right into the ground here in Tallahassee and I'm sure throughout Florida.

I saw that yesterday. It felt a bit strange seeing that building, which had been there my whole life, torn down so quickly. Albertson's and Winn-Dixie have surely allowed Publix to stomp them right into the ground here in Tallahassee and I'm sure throughout Florida.

I'm happy to see this bldg. fall to rubble. I love progress especially in greyfield areas! Now if we could just do something about the old Publix shopping center diagonally across from this location.

And yes Publix dominates the market share for groceries in FL. They are one of the few grocery retailers that can compete w/the mega-monster Wally-mart.

I'm happy to see this bldg. fall to rubble. I love progress especially in greyfield areas! Now if we could just do something about the old Publix shopping center diagonally across from this location.

And yes Publix dominates the market share for groceries in FL. They are one of the few grocery retailers that can compete w/the mega-monster Wally-mart.

Archived