Kohl's

psycuda

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uuugh... wouldn't that be Blackheads?! Or is it that White people get white heads and black people get black heads? I've never heard of a Whitehead pimple! :dunno:

Great Eye spc. Thanks for filling us in.

BTW, I passed the site on the Parkway yesterday and it didn't look like much was going on. And there was a sign up by Advantis saying "Site Available". Shouldn't that sign be down by now?

Well since you asked........Whiteheads

Whiteheads, also known as closed comedones, are follicles that are filled with the same material, but have only a microscopic opening to the skin surface. Since the air cannot reach the follicle, the material is not oxidized, and remains white.

No they don't care what race you are. :)

I went to a new Kohl's yesterday in Lake land, Florida for the first time and I have admit that they have some really nice merchandise! Kohl's seem to carry everything and the prices are really reasonable. I am excited to see two of these stores open in here in Tally. :-) I can already think of a few kitchen and bedroom items I would like to purchase from them.

Well since you asked........Whiteheads

Whiteheads, also known as closed comedones, are follicles that are filled with the same material, but have only a microscopic opening to the skin surface. Since the air cannot reach the follicle, the material is not oxidized, and remains white.

No they don't care what race you are. :)

• 3 weeks later...

OleBiker,

To dream of, to plan, to complete a unique conservation project takes time, patience and a unified effort. Plans for the widening of US HWY 319 in Florida, from the Georgia line to Bradfordville (the Kate Ireland Parkway), began in the late 1980s. Tall Timbers Research Station, in cooperation with the three landowners of Horseshoe, Cherokee and Foshalee Plantations, had a vision for a gateway to the Red Hills Region with a beautiful four-lane highway separated by a natural landscaped median. With Kate Ireland leading the way, this group of landowners convinced Florida Department of Transportation (DOT) to expand the highway corridor from the normal 300 foot width to 500 feet if the three landowners would donate an additional 100 feet of right-of-way on both sides of the highway. This way the median could be wider and could remain in the native vegetation for which the Red Hills is noted. The landowners even put their land adjacent to the highway in scenic easements to keep the same vistas of piney woods in perpetuity and to prevent future roadside development.

All was going according to plan until the speed limits changed on federal four-lane highways from 55 to 65 mph, just prior to construction beginning in the mid 1990s. When that occurred, the planned scenic winding roadway with wide medians was drastically changed. Curves were straightened, and hills were flattened destroying the planned scenic medians. As a result, the medians needed to be replanted with native vegetation. Kate Ireland provided DOT with the financial incentive for this landscaping with the stipulation that the median be planted with native trees and vegetation that are fire dependent so that they can be burned using prescribed fire. Tall Timbers would assist the Florida Division of Forestry with the burning. The Kate Ireland Landscaping Project began in 2003 and plantings continued through 2004.

• 3 weeks later...

I just can't shake the feeling that KOHL's should be an anchor tenant in one of these new shopping centers coming online in the near future. I understand the desire to put the store near the Governor's Square Mall... but the Bradfordville location puzzles me. Again, I'm not an investor so I'm not going to die if this venture isn't successful, but it would seem logical to atleast consider the Fallschase development, or possibly a location closer at the Tallahassee Mall instead of Bradfordville.

I think back to when I was in Grand Rapids a year or so back and how their new mall was ancored on one side by a KOHL's and it was quite nice where it sat.

Archived