Do It Yourself Greater Hartford

asylumhill

As much as I love this forum it tends to become a beotch session on how Hartford's resident boosters get let down by developers and city officials. For those of you interested in getting involved with grass roots efforts to improve Hartford's neighborhoods (that get results), I urge you to come this Saturday the 12th for the August Green Team event at the Knox Parks Headquarters at 75 Laurel Street. Green Team is a group that meets monthly to do cleanup and gardening projects around the city, usually partnering with local neighborhood groups. It is fun to do and produces tangible results.

On Saturday, we're cleaning up the area surrounding the headquarters of the group's sponsor, Knox Parks, removing graffiti and trimming over grown trees, etc.. It should be a good day to work. We'll be meeting at 9 AM at 75 Laurel Street, working for the morning and then sharing lunch at noon before breaking for the day.

If anyone has questions about the group please call Charmaine at 951-7694.

I hope to see some of you there!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived