Bill Proctor is a DISGRACE

Monticello-1827

Proctor Asks County to Sever Ties With Chamber

So since I am against the 0.5% sales tax increase I am guilty of domestic violence against "against poor children and their poor mothers in this community." :blink:

After reading that I thought Mr. Proctor would have at least attempted to back off his comments, but then he calls into the Preston Scott show on 100.7 and makes an even bigger fool of himself. Way to be a unifier Mr. Proctor, nothing like some good old class warfare! The highlight was when he mocked the hosts. Any chance this guy could get the boot in the upcoming election? He's an embarrassment.

Also, can anyone find the full text of his letter?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idiot, idiot, IDIOT! Do you guys see why I hate the guy so much?

Maybe the reason for the higher infant mortality rate and low birth weight is because of the lifestyle choices of the people in that area, not because of lack of insurance? I mean eating fast food and junk food, drinking and drugs isn't exactly good for your children, you know.

I don't support the tax increase and universal health care for these reasons. The people on the southside are a heavier burden on the system. If he wants to get these people healthy, Proctor needs to do a major health awareness program to help these people make better lifestyle choices. My taxpayer money does not need to go to someone to see a doctor for health problems due to an addiction with the bottle or because they eat at Mickey D's everyday.

Again what I don't understand is why would the Commission want to bite off the hand that is trying to diversify and help feed its population. I'm talking about cutting funds to the EDC. Any community that is serious about job growth, diversifying the employment base and staying in the race for jobs in FL and the SE US, would never ever ever think of cutting funding to the EDC. That agency should be considered the Holy Grail and these attacks and attempts to sabotage it are unjustified and moronic.

That said,jpl02 I hear what you are saying. I must say it is about choices, but sometimes what you and I see as choices aren't always so black and white to the poor. One example is nutrition. As any college student can attest, eating fast food and junk is way cheaper than eating healthy. Making a run to the border for a $.99 chulupa-chimi-taco is way cheaper than going to Crispers for a $6 salad. Processed fat, carbs and sugar seem to be cheaper than veggies and healthy foods these days, so when you have ten dollars to feed the family, your choices are limited and the cheap crap food is an easy answer. I'm not making excuses for the behaviors, b/c trust me there's a lot of bad behaviors, but there aren't always real easy answers.

QUESTION: Will this move give Proctor more votes? less votes? not influence the voters in anyway? And was this pure and simply a political move on Proctor's part in at election time? As in "poor brother's and sister's of the Southside I'm thinking about you (from the NE side of town) and looking out for you, so remember me at voting time."

Surely this move doesn't help Proctor a bit. If anything he's probably losing support by the minute. He is a jerk for this move and for his comments and he doesn't my support at this point.

Any enemy of the Chamber is not a friend of mine.

That said, jpl02, why do you assume these people he's fighting to "protect" are drunks, druggies, and junk food eaters? I grew up on the Southside, 610 Laura Lee Avenue, my mother raising 4 children on her own. And we didn't always have health insurance. We would never ask for welfare or handouts, my mother was too proud for that. And surely we weren't a family strung out on alcohol, drugs, or junk food. We were lucky to have the opportunity to "eat out". And trust me, McDonald's back then was a special treat. But we still got sick, and had to battle inherited medical challenges. I just thought your attack and generalization was a bit unfair.

No I don't support the tax increase.

Proctor is a nut job and Rackleff and Thaell seem to be completely comfortable with his type of extremist thinking.

I wouldn't vote for any of them. Way too many extremist running Tally.

Amazing that you believe that. Where do you get your information? Have you ever been to a commission meeting? Rackleff and Proctor share no love. Rackleff frequently calls Proctor to task on his behavior, and his votes. At least Thaell is polite to him even when Proctor is rude. Rakleff isn't. The Rackleff/Proctor relationship is one of the most entertaining on the commission.

I'm actually happy to see Proctor go off on a rant again. It's entertaining. I suspect that it has a lot to do with the results of that poll in District 1 last week. I suspect that he didn't do as well as everyone expected and felt that he had to do something to bring back the image of the angry young man that has served him so well in the past when appealing to voters in his district. There's a lot to be upset with in District 1 and Proctor's antics feed the anger. For getting reelected, it's a good strategy for him but does nothing to make things better in the county.

It's another tactic like name calling and attack ads that make me lose respect for the candidate. Sorry Bill, no money from this ghost.

QUESTION: Will this move give Proctor more votes? less votes? not influence the voters in anyway? And was this pure and simply a political move on Proctor's part in at election time? As in "poor brother's and sister's of the Southside I'm thinking about you (from the NE side of town) and looking out for you, so remember me at voting time."

Less votes. At a certain point, voters begin to see through people. How coincidental that this was said 11 days before early voting begins, and weeks before the primary? This comes across (at least to me, and a lot of you it seems) as a move of desparation by someone who is actually facing a challenge, and does not know how to react.

In my humble opinion, this man is the epitome of ignorance. And when ignorance gets a hold of power, well, its never good.

Rackleff and Thael have been very supportive of my community's needs and the needs of my volunteer fire department.

Rackleff attended our Open House and played with the Jaws of Life he helped purchase.

06OpenHouse%20087.jpg

06OpenHouse%20088.jpg

06OpenHouse%20012.jpg

06OpenHouse%20023.jpg

Rackleff on left talking to LifeNet pilot

Robert is looking very chiefly in those photos. Good job and cool on your department having a jaws. I had heard that the county VFD's were limited to traffic control at accidents these days and not allowed to do extrications. It's very cool that this apparently was incorrect.

The very first Jaws in the county were not purchased by TFD, but by an informal volunteer who bought a set and brought them to accidents for TFD to use.

So do you have any photos of Bill Proctor at VFD events?

It is obvious to me that Mr.Proctor has some serious issues. He has been an ineffective chairman of the county commission with an agenda of divisive politics. I think his latest rant is indicative of his lack of personal control and and his lost priorities. :angry:

As I have stated in an another thread, connected with our beloved county commission, the $150,000 in ads should have been spent on getting businesses to relocate to the county for job growth. The additional jobs bring benefits among which is health care for their workers. Everyone wins when we have job growth. This fact is obviously lost on Mr.Proctor. His passion for his agenda clouds the bigger picture. His attitude...You are either with ME or you are the enemy. How unfortunate.........

It is obvious to me that Mr.Proctor has some serious issues. He has been an ineffective chairman of the county commission with an agenda of divisive politics. I think his latest rant is indicative of his lack of personal control and and his lost priorities. :angry:

As I have stated in an another thread, connected with our beloved county commission, the $150,000 in ads should have been spent on getting businesses to relocate to the county for job growth. The additional jobs bring benefits among which is health care for their workers. Everyone wins when we have job growth. This fact is obviously lost on Mr.Proctor. His passion for his agenda clouds the bigger picture. His attitude...You are either with ME or you are the enemy. How unfortunate.........

Well it takes more than one dissenting vote from the commission to kill our job growth. I agree, Proctor is an embarrassment to Leon County, but I''ll rather see the rest of them kicked off the board too. They are all totally useless and a waste of tax dollars. I'll keep Depuy!!!!

Well it takes more than one dissenting vote from the commission to kill our job growth.

True and I'm voting based on this subject alone this time.

And SkyD you make a great point about being w/Proctor or be damned. That's definitely no way to lead.

I'd love to see Jane Sauls using the jaws of life.

Robert is looking very chiefly in those photos. Good job and cool on your department having a jaws. I had heard that the county VFD's were limited to traffic control at accidents these days and not allowed to do extrications. It's very cool that this apparently was incorrect.

The very first Jaws in the county were not purchased by TFD, but by an informal volunteer who bought a set and brought them to accidents for TFD to use.

So do you have any photos of Bill Proctor at VFD events?

Nope, most, if not all, VFD's have some sort of extrication equipment. Chaires by and far has the most and the newest. Ours is also the most often used of the VFD's. TFD often lets us do the extrication. Expect some killer pics next week... we're cutting up 3 cars in training on Saturday.

All County Commissioners are sent press releases and are invited to our events. Only Rackleff and Thaell have ever replied or attended. Both of them sponsored the purchase of the new jaws. Not sure if anyone voted no.

i think it'd be hard to vote against getting a new jaws of life but then again, who knows...

but back to the topic at hand, our boy bill... i think tomorrow morning he'll be discussed on the "Morning Show". Does anyone else listen to FM Talk, or am I the only loser? <_<

You have a fellow loser. Unfortunately, Im not in Tallahassee at the time, but all I listen in the car and whenever is talk radio. Thats why I love my XM!! (free plug..lol) If I was there, I would listen, call in, and rip him a new....

You have a fellow loser. Unfortunately, Im not in Tallahassee at the time, but all I listen in the car and whenever is talk radio. Thats why I love my XM!! (free plug..lol) If I was there, I would listen, call in, and rip him a new....

I've been out of town a bunch lately but I've been listening to the candidate forums on WFSU over the internet. Did you catch the District 5 debate today? It was amazingly positive, even the call-in's were almost all positive. I was proud of all of us.

I really liked hearing Dee Crumpler. I nominate her as the cool old lady of the campaign. She doesn't use computers and seems proud of it. She makes lots more sense the Frank what's his name, but it sounded like she was giving Bob Rackliff an endorsement so who knows if she is a serious candidate.

I was surprised but Rackliff came off the winner from what I heard today. He actually talked about the issues and made sense to me.

I really recommend the WFSU forums. The moderator is real even handed with the candidates and manages to ask a few hardball questions. Oh yeah, they also have a podcast of the forums available so you can iPod it in your car.

:cry:

Well it takes more than one dissenting vote from the commission to kill our job growth. I agree, Proctor is an embarrassment to Leon County, but I''ll rather see the rest of them kicked off the board too. They are all totally useless and a waste of tax dollars. I'll keep Depuy!!!!

:sick:

That guy is pathalogical. He's done nothing for the county except to cause strife on the commission. The sad thing is that he and I are probably pretty similar in many of our political and social beliefs. Unfortunately, I can't remember that he brought one single positive thing to the commission in his entire tenure. He's rude, inconsiderate and not very bright. He is arrogant about his ignorance and reminds me of one of those kids from grade school who had low foreheads, big bellies and pushed the nerds around. He's rude to other commissioners, to citizens who come to explain their concerns, to staff, and from what I can tell, to just about everyone except for those few who enjoy his buffonery.

He couldn't even get himself elected the first time he ran for office and was originally appointed by Gov. Bush to fill out Rudy's seat. He managed to win an election an stay in because there wasn't any worthwhile opposition but don't take that as an endorsement of the people. He was just lucky. I pray that someone decent will stand up to oppose him in the next election. I'd support a smart conservative because I believe that the commission needs balance. I can't think of any circumstances where I'd give Ed any support, money or my vote.

He's rude to other commissioners, to citizens who come to explain their concerns, to staff, and from what I can tell, to just about everyone except for those few who enjoy his buffonery.

Yeah I'll never forgive him for the way he treated those from The CO-OP. Remember that scenario? Finally he wrote an "apology letter" in the Democrat but he didn't sound sorry about it all.

He did bounce back quickly after the death of his spouse and get back on the job quickly. As a taxpayer, I do appreciate that.

Talk radio to me seems too "angry old man conservative" for me to enjoy. Wait! I am that, well minus the conservative part.

Ghost who are you talking about? Dee Crumpler is on the school board and is a MAN. Or is that an inside joke of yours that "whooished" right by me?

If we elect Jackie as Super. then we'll have a Dee and Jackie on the School board and neither will be female. Ah diversity.

Yeah I'll never forgive him for the way he treated those from The CO-OP. Remember that scenario? Finally he wrote an "apology letter" in the Democrat but he didn't sound sorry about it all.

He did bounce back quickly after the death of his spouse and get back on the job quickly. As a taxpayer, I do appreciate that.

Talk radio to me seems too "angry old man conservative" for me to enjoy. Wait! I am that, well minus the conservative part.

Ghost who are you talking about? Dee Crumpler is on the school board and is a MAN. Or is that an inside joke of yours that "whooished" right by me?

If we elect Jackie as Super. then we'll have a Dee and Jackie on the School board and neither will be female. Ah diversity.

Sorry, I ment Dorothy Spence. Brain tired. Yes, I remember that afternoon. I heard later that the guy he attacked is a deacon in the Lutheran Church, a veteran and prior to that night, a moderate. Nothing like being attacked by a physopath to make you a bit more of a progressive and apparently nothing like having a beard to make DePew think you're a hippie.

Amazing that you believe that. Where do you get your information? Have you ever been to a commission meeting? Rackleff and Proctor share no love. Rackleff frequently calls Proctor to task on his behavior, and his votes. At least Thaell is polite to him even when Proctor is rude. Rakleff isn't. The Rackleff/Proctor relationship is one of the most entertaining on the commission.

I'm actually happy to see Proctor go off on a rant again. It's entertaining. I suspect that it has a lot to do with the results of that poll in District 1 last week. I suspect that he didn't do as well as everyone expected and felt that he had to do something to bring back the image of the angry young man that has served him so well in the past when appealing to voters in his district. There's a lot to be upset with in District 1 and Proctor's antics feed the anger. For getting reelected, it's a good strategy for him but does nothing to make things better in the county.

It's another tactic like name calling and attack ads that make me lose respect for the candidate. Sorry Bill, no money from this ghost.

http://www.tdo.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A...09/1006/OPINION

"Other voters should be reminded that Proctor would not be chairman of the commission if not for the poor judgment of the other commissioners who elevated him to that position. Two are up for re-election. I would encourage the appropriate voters to remember that Cliff Thaell and Bob Rackleff both supported him for the leadership position"

hmmm...interesting.

"Other voters should be reminded that Proctor would not be chairman of the commission if not for the poor judgment of the other commissioners who elevated him to that position. Two are up for re-election. I would encourage the appropriate voters to remember that Cliff Thaell and Bob Rackleff both supported him for the leadership position"

hmmm...interesting.

It was his turn at chairman. That position usually revolves around the different members and it was Proctor's turn. If I'm not mistaken, he was long overdue. I see his nomination as chairman as a nod of recognition to the southside and its voters and less to to do about Proctor the man. Of course many like me knew this would be the disaster that it has become, no surprises there.

I think the whole process of who is chairman should be changed. There needs to be specific guidelines as to who's turn it is next, instead of making it a popularity contest or a as a reward. Or we as voters could elect a chairman much like we do mayor. I'm not sure what the answer is, but the current system is flawed. Anyone know how they handle it in other metro counties around the state? Maybe the answer here like it often is w/me: Consolidation.

hmmm...interesting.

This is a cheap shot and doesn't mean anything. Historically, the leadership position on the commission is rotated among all the commissioners. Despite his antics, Bill is an elected commissioner and deserves a shot at leadership just like everyone else. I'd like us to remember the Grippa and DePew also voted for Proctor to become chairman and indeed DePew spoke for Proctor at that meeting. He wasn't going to get the Chairmanship until he caved on Southwood, and then Grippa and DePew became his bestest friends.

This is a cheap shot and doesn't mean anything. Historically, the leadership position on the commission is rotated among all the commissioners. Despite his antics, Bill is an elected commissioner and deserves a shot at leadership just like everyone else. I'd like us to remember the Grippa and DePew also voted for Proctor to become chairman and indeed DePew spoke for Proctor at that meeting. He wasn't going to get the Chairmanship until he caved on Southwood, and then Grippa and DePew became his bestest friends.

What do you mean in the reference to "caved on Southwood". Was Proctor against that development?

I think the whole process of who is chairman should be changed. There needs to be specific guidelines as to who's turn it is next, instead of making it a popularity contest or a as a reward. Or we as voters could elect a chairman much like we do mayor. I'm not sure what the answer is, but the current system is flawed. Anyone know how they handle it in other metro counties around the state? Maybe the answer here like it often is w/me: Consolidation.

Does the position of chairman carry with it any specific authority that is greater than that of the other commissioners? Other than, possibly, some rules of order at the meetings?

Archived