Hankster: McKee Foods

anniekbe

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read your post from June talking about them fasttracking the work on this. Do you know who the architect or engineer is for the expansion?

Welcome to the Forum! I hope to hear more from you. It's lots of fun.

All the engineering is being done in house by our Corporate Engineering department. AnArchitect has been hired, but I don't have the name. I'll find out and let you know who it is.

So Hank... will that new exit on I-75 go all the way into Collegedale? While I'm not too familiar with the area east of there, I know that it's growing quite rapidly. There are several new subdivisions in the area... So where will the new spur to the LD plant go through there?

So Hank... will that new exit on I-75 go all the way into Collegedale? While I'm not too familiar with the area east of there, I know that it's growing quite rapidly. There are several new subdivisions in the area... So where will the new spur to the LD plant go through there?

The State has approved providing a 5 lane road from the new exit on I-75 into and thru Collegedale all the way to the far edge of the McKee campus near the town of Apison. I would imagine it will be at least 5 years before the road is finished.

The State has approved providing a 5 lane road from the new exit on I-75 into and thru Collegedale all the way to the far edge of the McKee campus near the town of Apison. I would imagine it will be at least 5 years before the road is finished.

Have you heard if the road is going to follow the general path of the exiting road (old lee hwy) from summit over to Collegedale or will it blaze a new trail?

Have you heard if the road is going to follow the general path of the exiting road (old lee hwy) from summit over to Collegedale or will it blaze a new trail?

What I've heard is that a new road will be cut from the new I-75 interchange to where the Conoco Station at the Y-intersection on Apison Pike. From there it will follow the existing road. At the peak of the cut between the intersection of Apison Pike and Ootewah-Ringgold Rd and the Southern Adventist College campus, a bridge will be built spanning the railroad tracks and the road will the tie into the existing Apison Pike on the other side of the tracks. The widening will continue on about another mile and a half to the Collegedale airport.

• 2 weeks later...

Is McKee hiring by any chance? lol :P

Right now employment is holding pretty steady. Of course, all that will change when the new plant addition comes on stream. I would imagine the hiring will begin in earnest about a year from now.

Hey Hankster!!

I didn't know you worked for McKee foods!! I am a Seventh-day Adventist and they are quite a source of pride for us (the owners are SDA). Hope they are good employers and treat you guys well!!!

Paula

It's an awesome company to work for. Any seventh day adventist should be proud of McKee Foods and of their support of Southern Adventist University.

Archived