Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerseyman4

Whats your favorite evening news anchor

Reflecting the past and present, what anchor would you prefer watching for the national news?   18 members have voted

1. 1. 1980s through the mid 2000s

• Tom Brokaw - NBC
    • Peter Jennings - ABC
    • Dan Rather - CBS
    • Neither
  2. 2. Present

• Brian Williams - NBC
    • Charles Gibson- ABC
    • Bob Schieffer - CBS

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 posts in this topic

I really liked Peter Jennings.. I was sad to see him go. And I really like Charles Gibson as well. He's definitely the best known anchor on network news now.

Any of the Fox News babes.

Heck yeah, Greta V is a babe!!!

Just kidding.

As far as the anchors, I don't like most news anchors because they all seem so arrogant. I just want someone to tell me the news in the least dramatic way possible.

I'm a CBS baby!

However, because I go to bed to NBC... I wake up to NBC... go to work and come home to NBC.. so Brian's been getting my ratings lately...

I was raised on ABC, so naturally both my picks went to them.

Also, ABC has the best sitcoms of the whole bunch right now. (do the other stations even run good sitcoms anymore? All I seem to see are reality reality reality... *groan*)

well, i really liked jennings... those are hard shoes to fill. but, i got to say i loved elizabeth vargas... which is weird b/c i don't really like her on that lame show 20/20. when she co-anchored ABC world news, she was great.... but she had to go and get knocked up. i also liked bob woodruff... i hope he rehabilitates and is able to return.

my all time favorite is jon stewart. :)

As far as network news anchors go, I think they're all pathetic.

Greta Van Susteren blows them all out of the water. There is no one like her. Simply the best.