Forbes ranks OKC in top ten

jbrown84

Forbes has ranked Oklahoma City in the top ten for the best cities to find a job. The cite a diversified economy and new arrivals in technology and manufacturing.

link to article

cjob_9.jpg

#9 Oklahoma City, Okla.

Oklahoma City, a former oil town, has been diversifying its economic base. Technology companies like Dell have set up call centers there, avoiding other outsourcing centers like Bangalore, India. Although General Motors recently closed an Oklahoma City auto plant, other manufacturers are opening their doors.

Unemployment rank: 21

Cost of living rank: 11

Median household income rank: 61

Income growth rank: 12

Job growth rank: 44

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forbes has ranked Oklahoma City in the top ten for the best cities to find a job. The cite a diversified economy and new arrivals in technology and manufacturing.

link to article

cjob_9.jpg

#9 Oklahoma City, Okla.

Oklahoma City, a former oil town, has been diversifying its economic base. Technology companies like Dell have set up call centers there, avoiding other outsourcing centers like Bangalore, India. Although General Motors recently closed an Oklahoma City auto plant, other manufacturers are opening their doors.

Unemployment rank: 21

Cost of living rank: 11

Median household income rank: 61

Income growth rank: 12

Job growth rank: 44

Wow, that's awesome news! Being in Forbes' Top 10 should make the city even more attractive to people considering relocation to your region.

• 2 weeks later...

We were #13 on the list of Forbes' places to do business...

You all must have forgotten. It's not like this list was a breakthrough. And for the last 5 years we've been in Expansion Management's top ten for cities to expand or relocate in.

Currently:

Sonic

Hobby Lobby/Mardel/Hemispheres

Devon Energy

Chesapeake Energy

MG North America

OG+E (Oklahoma Gas & Electric)

Riata Energy

Hertz (very large presence)

Dobson Cellular

Midfirst Bank

BancFirst

American Choral Director's Association

Tronox (Kerr-McGee spinoff)

Express Personell

American Fidelity Insurance

Love's

Braum's

Feed the Children

York Air Conditioners

Until Recently:

Kerr-McGee

Six Flags

Currently:

Sonic

Hobby Lobby/Mardel/Hemispheres

Devon Energy

Chesapeake Energy

MG North America

OG+E (Oklahoma Gas & Electric)

Riata Energy

Hertz (very large presence)

Dobson Cellular

Midfirst Bank

BancFirst

American Choral Director's Association

Tronox (Kerr-McGee spinoff)

Express Personell

American Fidelity Insurance

Love's

Braum's

Feed the Children

York Air Conditioners

Quite a diverse economy. I had always heard something about Office Depot being located in OKC, but I guess I was wrong.

That's Office Max. And (it's either a big office or the headquarters itself) that's in Norman. They have almost a thousand workers out there...
I didn't say it was the headquarters swake, but I don't think it's a call center.

Lookie there, the word EITHER from me.

Not that any of this means anything, but, again, you said "big office or headquarters" and I said it was a call center and not the headquarters. You said I was wrong about the call center and that you never said headquarters. It IS a call center, a friend was a manager there for a time. Moved to Norman for the job, hated the area and moved back.

For the record, you did use the word "headquarters", I was just responding to the idea you had tossed out that it MIGHT be the headquarters, I corrected that notion and named the office for what it is.

You are wrong on all counts, again.

Well for the life of me Swake, I can only go on logic. I can't imagine what Office Max would need a call center for. I mean, do you like call up, "Hi uhh... my pencil won't work. What do I do?" and get help, "Sir... you need to sharpen it"?

Well for the life of me Swake, I can only go on logic. I can't imagine what Office Max would need a call center for. I mean, do you like call up, "Hi uhh... my pencil won't work. What do I do?" and get help, "Sir... you need to sharpen it"?

If you weren

Archived