Chattanooga Forum Meet August 12th

Hankster

Yes, there will be a forum meet in Chattanooga on Saturday, August 12th! We will meet at the Pickle Barrell Restaurant at 1012 Market Street at 12:00 Noon Eastern time (11:00 AM Central time). For those of you coming in from the Nashville area, take I-24 to Chattanooga to exit 178 (U.S. 27 North). Then take the second exit to MLK Blvd. Take a right onto MLK Blvd. Then travel two blocks to Market Street and take another right. The Pickle Barrel will be just over a block ahead on your left in a flat iron shaped building. I am planning to give everyone who visits a tour of the Central Business District, the Waterfront areas on both the North and South Shores, Cameron Hill and the Cowart Street area. If time allows, and peple want to, we could travel up to Lookout Mountain and / or Signal Mountain for outstanding views of the city. A lot is going on in Chattanooga. There are nearly 1,000 new housing units slated to come on stream here in the next two years. Also, get a good look at Chattanooga's $120 Million Dollar waterfront development project which has become a standard against which waterfront projects are measured. I know Lexy plans to attend. Please let me know if you can come.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had a great time. There was Lexy, wife Casey, Hank, me and William.

Small, but happy group. Chattanooga is a model small city with an absolutely incredible amount of things going on in the urban core. It was fun, fascinating, and definately worth an upcoming return trip very soon. I didn't get enough. I love it. There will be photos coming soon from Lex and Hank, I'm sure.

Hank, thanks for hosting us (of course, he's in Nashville at the ballgame tonight).

I keep forgetting just how close Chattanooga is.

Casey and I had a wonderful time! I want to thank Hank for allowing our company and I hope we can do it again sometime in the future. My computer is about crapped out, but I will try to get some pics up soon so that all my see what we saw. In the mean time, here is a pic that is my personal favorite form my trip there in May of this year.

From Lookout Mountain and Lovers Leap........

60524500.achattapan180degree.jpg

Friends,

Saturday in Chattanooga was fantastic. Hank served as our gracious host as we met for lunch at The Pickle Barrel, a very distinctive eatery with a good vibe. From that point, the gang (Hank, Casey, Michael, Dave and me) walked a good bit of the downtown core. The old school built fabric is still very much intact and there are no building of more than 275 feet tall, giving the city somewhat of a Charleston feel. Museum Bluff is very cool (we loved Rembrandt's, a coffee shop) and the North Shore continues to bustle with all types of new development (including an urban grocery store slated for the future) and the new Renaissance Park. After Hank left us, the four of us drove down to St. Elmo, a very bohemian historic neighborhood. The entire stay in the city was about 3:30. Perfect amount of time.

Hank, truly appreciate your taking some time out on a Saturday to show us what is in so many respects one of the country's best small cities.

AND, we want to make this an annual trip. Perhaps next spring (April or May), before the heat sets in.

William

Friends,

Saturday in Chattanooga was fantastic. Hank served as our gracious host as we met for lunch at The Pickle Barrel, a very distinctive eatery with a good vibe. From that point, the gang (Hank, Casey, Michael, Dave and me) walked a good bit of the downtown core. The old school built fabric is still very much intact and there are no building of more than 275 feet tall, giving the city somewhat of a Charleston feel. Museum Bluff is very cool (we loved Rembrandt's, a coffee shop) and the North Shore continues to bustle with all types of new development (including an urban grocery store slated for the future) and the new Renaissance Park. After Hank left us, the four of us drove down to St. Elmo, a very bohemian historic neighborhood. The entire stay in the city was about 3:30. Perfect amount of time.

Hank, truly appreciate your taking some time out on a Saturday to show us what is in so many respects one of the country's best small cities.

AND, we want to make this an annual trip. Perhaps next spring (April or May), before the heat sets in.

William

Thanks William, Dave, Michael and Casey for coming down. It's was great showing you all around Chattanooga. I feel very lucky to live in a city with so much historic fabric still intact, yet is experiencing a rennaisance of sorts with the redevelopment of its waterfront, and development of several midrise urban neighborhoods. If I can't live in Nashville, I can think of no other city I'd rather live. I'm glad to hear you would like to make this an annual event, and I'm all for doing it in the spring as well. I hope some other Nashville forumers can make the trip next year. I'll try to get some pictures from the visit posted later today.

Hey Hank, what happened? Only room for one "necked" in Chattanooga? Lexy, were you trying to create a reenactment of our beloved statue?:w00t: I guess "Chattanooga Necked" doesn't have the same ring. And don't ask me what I would call this poor girl. I'm not going there.

Anyway, beautiful pics Hank. Wish I could have been there.

Hey Hank, what happened? Only room for one "necked" in Chattanooga? Lexy, were you trying to create a reenactment of our beloved statue?:w00t: I guess "Chattanooga Necked" doesn't have the same ring. And don't ask me what I would call this poor girl. I'm not going there.

Anyway, beautiful pics Hank. Wish I could have been there.

We may only have one nekkid here in Chattanooga, but it's a damn nice one, IMO. :thumbsup:

Archived