Chattanooga Forum Meet Saturday, August 12th

Hankster

Yes, there will be a forum meet in Chattanooga on Saturday, August 12th! We will meet at the Pickle Barrell Restaurant at 1012 Market Street at 12:00 Noon Eastern time (11:00 AM Central time). If you're not familiar with where the Pickel Barrell is, take I-24 to Chattanooga to exit 178 (U.S. 27 North). Then take the second exit to MLK Blvd. Take a right onto MLK Blvd. Then travel two blocks to Market Street and take another right. The Pickle Barrel will be just over a block ahead on your left in a flat iron shaped building. I hope some of the Chattanooga area forumers will be able to attend. I would love to get to meet you and know you all better. There will be some forumers from Nashville coming down to make the meet. They're a great bunch of guys, and I know you would enjoy meeting them. We'll have a great time discussing development in Chattanooga, and possibly Nashville , too. I am also planning to have a tour of the Central Business District, the Waterfront areas on both the North and South Shores, Cameron Hill and the Cowart Street area. If time allows, and peple want to, we could travel up to Lookout Mountain and / or Signal Mountain for outstanding views of the city. Bring your camera if you like, and please let me know if you can come.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will not be able to make it because of a youth retreat this weekend, but hopefully I can make the next.

I hope you have a good time at the retreat. Let me know when it's convenient for you to meet. I've gone to several of the forum meets in Nashville, and they're a lot of fun. I'd be interested in a meet in Cleveland, if you'd like to do one there. It would be great to learn more about Cleveland.

The retreat was great, part of the retreat included taking the 40 middle and high schoolers down to the Lookouts game Saturday night in Chattanooga. We tried, but nobody came home with one of the free used car from our group. A forum meet in Cleveland is a possibility. I know a few places to show around town and a couple of good places to eat as well. There

Sorry I missed this. I'd love to make the next one.

The riverfront was being really well used this past weekend for a music and wakeboarding festival. Really the first event that has used it correctly.

Wecome to the forum, Adam. We love to have you along for the next one. If we can get a couple of other folks interested, we could have another one in a couple of months. Are there any others from the area interested? Otherwise, the next one will be in the Spring. Several Nashville forumers have expressed interest in coming down then.

If you would like, we could have a Cleveland meeting say maybe in October for those that would like to see this area, then have another big one in Chattanooga in the spring for all whom have showed interest and missed the one over the weekend which includes me

If you would like, we could have a Cleveland meeting say maybe in October for those that would like to see this area, then have another big one in Chattanooga in the spring for all whom have showed interest and missed the one over the weekend which includes me

Sounds like a plan to me. I'd love to tour Cleveland. The weekend of Oct 7 is no good for me. My daughter is getting married!!! :yahoo:

Hey Hankster,

Here is a bit of good publicity for Chattanooga from our very own William, Talking about visiting there over the weekend. Thought you would like to see it.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?se...p;news_id=51566

Thanks Ron for posting the article and bringing to my attention as well as others on the East Tennessee forum. It was wonderful to have William visit Chattanooga this past weekend. He's one damn fine writer with similar interests to mine, and I love reading his work. Thanks, William for writing this and putting Chattanooga in such a positive light. I'm so proud of what this city has accomplished, and look forward to its progression to becoming one of the South's finest cities. As for Buffalo, I certainly hope that city can recover and find its earlier glory.

As far as I know that date (Oct 21st) sounds good to me. I will be thinking of a good place to meet. Concerning a good place to meet, what has been the norm for these type of meetings?

The forum meet in Nashville usually start at about 10:00AM in a coffee house, or something like that.

So do we want to go ahead and plan to meet at 10 am somewhere in Cleveland on the 21st of October?

I'm good for that even if it's just the two of us. You pick the place. Is there any others besides you and myself interested? I guarantee it will be good fun.

I'm good for that even if it's just the two of us. You pick the place. Is there any others besides you and myself interested? I guarantee it will be good fun.

Well that sounds good. I hope others will be able to come over to Cleveland, but if that

Should I make a separate thread announcing the event in the East Tennessee site?

Does this look correct according to what we have been talking about:

October 21st Cleveland meet starting at 10 AM at the Cafe Mi' Aroma on Ocoee St (I can give directions later)

Should I make a separate thread announcing the event in the East Tennessee site?

Does this look correct according to what we have been talking about:

October 21st Cleveland meet starting at 10 AM at the Cafe Mi' Aroma on Ocoee St (I can give directions later)

That sounds great! I will needs directions, though.

I think annoucing it on a separate thread is a good idea. It will increase the chances we'll get other to come.

• 4 months later...

I heard this on the radio this evening. The owner of the Pickel Barrel was charged with DUI. As part of his punishment, the Pickel Barrel was not be allowed to serve alcoholic beverages for two weeks. I found this report quite interesting. It's hard to imagine the Pickel Barrel not being able to serve beer.

Archived