Enough Already

monsoon

I'm a winter person myself. I kinda live in the wrong region for that, but if the weatherman's calling for the least bit of snow, I can't sleep at all that night just lookin' out the window. Just like when I was a kid. So I'm ready for the cooler weather. :D

I know what you mean. My favorite NC winter since I moved here in 2002 was the 2003-2004 winter. Couple of ice storms, couple of snow events and one 9" snow. I didn't work a full week of work from Turkey Day till March. (counting weather, holidays, personal days etc.)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a winter person myself. I kinda live in the wrong region for that, but if the weatherman's calling for the least bit of snow, I can't sleep at all that night just lookin' out the window. Just like when I was a kid. So I'm ready for the cooler weather. :D

Yes, count me in on the snow too! I am glad for the past few days -with the cooler temps and some rain.

As some of us stated last month, meteorological summer tends to end like clockwork once September begins. This year, Raleigh, Charlotte, and Greensboro have not hit 90 degrees all month, with some days registering highs only in the upper 60's and 70's. While there are some warm days left for sure, the transition to fall is well underway.

Is anyone here tired of the hot humid weather? I am, and its still only early August. At least here in Charlotte its been so humid over the last month I think you could cut the air with a knife.

You should try working outside. Im a Brick Mason in Greenville and it feels like im going to kill over somedays. I do like the outdoors though.

• 3 weeks later...

I love September. This morning's lows:

Jefferson 33

Boone 35

Asheville 42

Hickory 45

Winston-Salem 45

Charlotte 47

Raleigh 47

Greensboro 47

i love september weather, i wish it could be like this all year, maybe a little warmer during the summer so the beach is more comfortable. It's when those morning lows become the noontime highs that I start wishing I lived further south.

Archived