Another Unifour WalMart

suburban george3

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh, its called "The Shoppes at Rivercrest". It's nothing more than a huge Walmart and parking lot, and some out parcels. It's going to make bad traffic even worse for that area. I hope the people in control of approving this project think about this before approving this project, but somehow I doubt it. In a few years they will be complaining to the NCDOT about 321 needing an upgrade. :sick:

Someone I'm sure will "blast" back at me for this comment, but I can't find any example of good planning in the Unifour area. I honestly think just about any development gets rubber stamped in this area. I don't even think zoning has ever been considered, I see so many contrasts in the area. (single wide mobile home next to a subdivision of $300K+ homes, next to a convenience store, next to a 4 lane road??) This WalMart development is just another example of the "non-planning" that goes on in the cities in the Unifour.

Wal-Mart is getting especially annoying these days. Its done nothing for character building in the growth of small towns. And even in larger cities, its only made sprawl easier. The thing that bothers me the most is that i love and hate Wal-Mart at the same time. (The low prices are near unresistable)

Archived