Your thoughts on the terrorist plot

Snowguy716

So whats the excuse for the airplane hijacking in the 80's, Marine barricks in Lebanon and also the murder of innocent jewish athletes in the olympics? There are Islamic extremist and Americans need to wake up. Thats not saying that all muslims want to destroy America. It states in the Quran to murder anyone that does not convert.

Russ, you can also read the Bible and get the same message. Anyone who doesn't accept Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior will be damned to eternal death. Well some Christian extremists could use that as a rallying cry to convert as many people as they can to prevent them from death and if they do not... well they can be un-Christian and just murder them. Extreme Christians can be quite off the wall and people twist the Bible to say whatever they want it to say and if you have weak minds willing to follow, then anything can be possible to accomplish. We have missionaries trying to convert everyone else, while Muslims want to convert too. Well not everyone is going to be converted to whatever religion; they will clash instead. But this is one of the dumbest things because it's the same God.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bush has now linked Hezbollah with Iraq, Afghanistan, and the plotters who allegedly were to use liquid explosives to blow up U.S bound planes from Britain...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4787207.stm

All I read is "What I'm doing as President is right and if you vote for democrats this fall the terrorists will blow up your house and rape your wife and kill your children. As long as you're afraid, you'll vote for my party, so it is very important that you are afraid as long as I'm in office."

Well, Mr. President, I am afraid. I'm afraid of what two more years of your leadership means for this country, whether the Democrats take control of congress this fall (which they will), or not.

Republicans love to create and reap off fear. I bet if Bush wanted to, because we're at war, he could just have the 22nd amendment ignored and have him as President indefinitely so that he can win his war on terror since no one else can do it.

Apparently the British are faced with having to let some of these individuals go as there isn't enough evidence to hold them. Bush and company pushed them to arrest these people prior to them actually commiting a crime.

Most people it seems, also seem to think this was a whole bunch to do about nothing. Not surprising, the Bush administration is using the event to throw out guarantees in the US Constitution against holding people without charges, and searches without Court approval, because there are no guarantees like this for British citizens. Maybe they forgot why the US Constitution was created in the first place.

How sad is this? I like Pat Buchanan better than George Bush. Because Pat Buchanan understands the dangers of Bush's foreign policy and seeks a foreign policy of isolationism. But that's where the line stops.. other than that, Pat's way over the top.

I get so fed up with civil liberties being taken away one piece at a time. Now there are terrorist plots and possible terrorist plots around every corner. In the past week alone we've had this terrorist plot, the hyped up woman on the plane yesterday, that according to the news reports, was wielding a screw driver, vaseline, matches, and a book about AL QUEDA!

Oh dear mother of God.. our country is going to burn to the ground because of a woman on a plane with a BOOK about Al Queda? Oh yes, Conservatives have reason to tremble in fear: She was reading a book... a non-fiction book... but wait...books are sciency and against God! Oh wait.. she didn't have any of that stuff.. and it was face cream, not vaseline. And she was clousterphobic. But it made a good show on national news of Bush's great anti-terrorism policies.

Then there was the scare in Seattle with unchecked containers from Pakistan and the Port of Seattle was evacuated... and the Republicans try to use this to their advantage.. problem is, America sees right through the BS. If the ship had been inspected before leaving its original port, like DEMOCRATS want, there wouldn't have been a scare.

And if Bush hadn't pushed the British to prematurely arrest the "terrorists" in England and Pakistan, they might have actually had a case against these people... but I emphasize MIGHT, we will never know now because the 28 days is coming to a close and these people didn't have passports or plane tickets or any large scale plans, yet. We jumped the gun.. the British wanted another week to investigate, and Bush said "go now". Imcompitent.

I remember reading on the BBC, nearly all the people commenting said "Yeah, this is just a ploy by our governments to gain support in this election year in the U.S. Just wait a few days, the releases will start and we'll be stuck with another 'investigation' into why the foiled terrorist plot went so poorly."

But it's okay, because Republicans are gonna get stung this fall. A recent poll put the democrat against the republican governor candidate in Ohio at a 20% lead.. and the Republican responded by saying "Hey, it can't be 20%, our poll showed only 11%." A top republican official in Minnesota (left unnamed) recently said that the bottom has dropped out for Mark Kennedy...

If you're a Republican candidate in the midwest, I hope you're packing your bags, because we're fed up with government of slow encroachment and fear. Hopefully the only people voting for these people are the cowards that have been supporting them since day 1.

Fear = votes!

One thing though, this country always does something with good intentions that come to bite us in the end. So there may be a democratic Iraq, but they'll just elect terrorists and they'll have organizations like Hezbollah digging themselves into the government.

Archived