W Aloft Hotel

jcaruth

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A new Aloft hotel is planned for the location across from the Westin. Aloft is a new brand under the "W" name and is essentially a smaller version. See article in Arkansas Bussiness:

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article.as...ID=h&page=1

Hey great news, looks like we almost need a topic just to talk about hotel developments in the area. The article also mentioned some other smaller hotel developments in the area as well.

Okay this is off topic and just nitpicking but this isn't the first time I've seen Arkansas Business use the term caddy-corner. As far as I know the term is catacorner. I don't even think caddy-corner is a real term. But what really gets me is that later in the article they mention that aloft is spelled with a small 'a' but this goes against the grammer they learned. So they refuse to use a small 'a' in a proper noun but they'll use the term caddy-corner? Nothing to make a big deal about but it does irritates me for some reason. :lol:

Yeah some wondered whether the Westin would fit in that area yet another nice hotel is going in as well. I didn't see any mention on how tall it would be. Did I miss that or was it not mentioned? I'm curious to see some renderings on it as well.

I almost forgot I also wanted to ask what direction this hotel will be compared to the Westin. I'm still not familiar enough with Rogers to figure out where exactly it is compared to the future Westin.

This is going to be 5 Floors.

While I've heard of this hotel I'm not real familiar with it. Will it be something like the Divinity?

I almost forgot I also wanted to ask what direction this hotel will be compared to the Westin. I'm still not familiar enough with Rogers to figure out where exactly it is compared to the future Westin.

While I've heard of this hotel I'm not real familiar with it. Will it be something like the Divinity?

No, this will probably just be a 5 Floor All Glass Hotel with a modern posh look to it. This is basically a scaled down version of "The W". Not one Aloft has opened yet.

No, this will probably just be a 5 Floor All Glass Hotel with a modern posh look to it. This is basically a scaled down version of "The W". Not one Aloft has opened yet.

Ah, so it won't be a boutique style hotel. Any idea where the first aloft is going to open?

It's not but a few hundred feet from it.

All together: The Pinnacle Promenade, Embassy Suites, A Loft Hotel, JQH Convention Center, 22 Floor Westin Hotel & Lofts, Project 45th, The Shopps at Pinnacle Hills, The Home Depot, Future Best Buy are all within viewing distance of each other. They're less than a mile from each other.

I had hoped to find just a little more info from the developer's website. I did eventually find it but it wasn't any use, it doesn't look like it's been updated since 2003. :lol:

This is going to be 5 Floors.

Duh, it's the second sentence, not sure how I missed that. :lol:

I kept looking for this on google earth supposedly 'catty-corner' of the future Weston, but after reading the article more closely it's actually in that Haynes development on the opposite side of I-540 north of New Hope... catty-corner by about 1/4-1/2 mile.

side note: I spelled it catty-corner, but had to look it up on dictionary.com to make sure... they have about five different spellings for it, so who knows.

I think this location makes a bit more sense than the Westin, though depending on the exact location within the Haynes property, it can be either closer to that new Pinnacle Church and the Village or closer to the new auto dealerships...

I kept looking for this on google earth supposedly 'catty-corner' of the future Weston, but after reading the article more closely it's actually in that Haynes development on the opposite side of I-540 north of New Hope... catty-corner by about 1/4-1/2 mile.

side note: I spelled it catty-corner, but had to look it up on dictionary.com to make sure... they have about five different spellings for it, so who knows.

I think this location makes a bit more sense than the Westin, though depending on the exact location within the Haynes property, it can be either closer to that new Pinnacle Church and the Village or closer to the new auto dealerships...

I would like to see them build a bring for a pedestrian bridge across I-540 right there. With the convention center and the shoppes being on one side, and the Westin, mall on the other side, it would make sense for a pedestrian brige so people could walk from say the Westin to the convention center or from the Embassay Suites to the Mall.

Ah, I see. I thought this was going in the Creekside Development.

Here's a map that should help everyone out with all the projects.

img2623ss6ee.jpg

Archived