W Aloft Hotel

jcaruth

^Seeing that map reminds me of earlier today-- I drove around the Promenade (via 45th from New Hope) and man, is that a pretty big development. And the new hospital and Embassy Suites look rather impressive from 45th, since it's in a valley... very cool!

I would like to see them build a bring for a pedestrian bridge across I-540 right there. With the convention center and the shoppes being on one side, and the Westin, mall on the other side, it would make sense for a pedestrian brige so people could walk from say the Westin to the convention center or from the Embassay Suites to the Mall.

You know, that might be an intriguing idea...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Seeing that map reminds me of earlier today-- I drove around the Promenade (via 45th from New Hope) and man, is that a pretty big development. And the new hospital and Embassy Suites look rather impressive from 45th, since it's in a valley... very cool!

You know, that might be an intriguing idea...

Itk...big enough to warrant an KC-to-New Orleans interstate? ;)

Just joshing with you...the construction is becoming visible from the "Centerton plateau" (big gradually sloping hill west of Centerton and Bentonville's Tallamoore Estates area which offers a tremendous view of the valley from B'ville to Springdale and the hills south) at night and day as well, and will only get moreso as these projects progress. I'm wondering if the mall laser show will be visible from there...I think the Grandview Heights/Beaver Lake 15 story condos may be visible as well from that spot. BTW, one can look northward at this same valley from the south around Rick's Bakery in Fayetteville, I believe.

Itk...big enough to warrant an KC-to-New Orleans interstate? ;)

Just joshing with you...the construction is becoming visible from the "Centerton plateau" (big gradually sloping hill west of Centerton and Bentonville's Tallamoore Estates area which offers a tremendous view of the valley from B'ville to Springdale and the hills south) at night and day as well, and will only get moreso as these projects progress. I'm wondering if the mall laser show will be visible from there...I think the Grandview Heights/Beaver Lake 15 story condos may be visible as well from that spot. BTW, one can look northward at this same valley from the south around Rick's Bakery in Fayetteville, I believe.

Heh... not my call, but we'll see KJW! Which, btw, will probably be mentioned in both or either newspapers tomorrow, so keep your eyes peeled...

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

What is being constructed out there right now? The other day I drove by there, and I saw 2 or 3 low mid-rises on top of that hill at Metropark. Other hotels maybe? That area is definitely developing a small skyline.

• 1 month later...

Anybody take any pictures of this area recently? Updates? It's been many months since I've seen anything... last time I drove there, there were several low or mid-rises being constructed, in addition to the new Embassy Suites tower and the hospital. (I didn't want to post this under the stickied thread)

Archived