New Orleans vs Dallas game at Independence Stadium

bigboyz05

My only thought on this is this: if the NFL blacks out the game because it doesn't sell out, that shows how petty that league is.

The league is very tough on things like this, especially in the regular season. I can remember games in New Orleans that missed the sell out mark by less than 1000 tickets, and the came was blacked out in the entire metro area.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My only thought on this is this: if the NFL blacks out the game because it doesn't sell out, that shows how petty that league is. Eight thousand people is not a huge deal, and if they'd charged less for a preseason game the turn-out would be better anyway.

Either way, as the only true professional football team in this state, the Saints represent all of Louisiana.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but, I believe the owners make a ton of money during the preseason b/c they don't have to revenue share their profits with the rest of the league. They're basically charging full price for exhibition games without an obligation to the rest of the teams in the NFL. This is their chance to pad their wallets.

Here are the current results of an online poll being run by the station "KSLA" in Shreveport:

KSLA Online Poll

Who are you going to be cheering for this Monday when the NFL preseason invades Independence Stadium?

New Orleans Saints 62%

Dallas Cowboys 38%

My only thought on this is this: if the NFL blacks out the game because it doesn't sell out, that shows how petty that league is. Eight thousand people is not a huge deal, and if they'd charged less for a preseason game the turn-out would be better anyway.

Either way, as the only true professional football team in this state, the Saints represent all of Louisiana.

It shows how petty Sheveport is when they can't even sell out a little 50,000 stadium. 8,000 empty seats is a huge deal. The Super Dome is much larger, more expensive, and they have blacked out games in New Orleans when there were less than 1000 seats that have not been sold. Maybe Shreveport will get into gear and sell out this game. If it's not sold out I hope they do black it out for the Shrveport metro area.

It shows how petty Sheveport is when they can't even sell out a little 50,000 stadium. 8,000 empty seats is a huge deal. The Super Dome is much larger, more expensive, and they have blacked out games in New Orleans when there were less than 1000 seats that have not been sold. Maybe Shreveport will get into gear and sell out this game. If it's not sold out I hope they do black it out for the Shrveport metro area.

Who are you to criticise Shreveport?

Petty? MOST people in this area don't root for either team. And SOME people who do can't afford to buy tickets to the game. You must be crazy to believe everyone can afford the tickets and the parking. Moreover you've got to be crazy for coming in here and criticising a city for not supporting two sports teams who aren't even rooted here.

Who are you to criticise Shreveport?

Petty? MOST people in this area don't root for either team. And SOME people who do can't afford to buy tickets to the game. You must be crazy to believe everyone can afford the tickets and the parking. Moreover you've got to be crazy for coming in here and criticising a city for not supporting two sports teams who aren't even rooted here.

Nobody even supports these teams. Are you kidding me???? What a complete joke. You spend too much time hanging out with the chest club to know what you are talking about. I would say 60% of the NFL fans in Shreveport are cowboy fans and the other 40% are die hard Saint fans. So I guess the NFL just isn't popular in Shreveport and nobody watches it, whatever.

Nerd boy you need to go hang out with a different crowd.

ctiger69, consider this a warning. Name calling and insulting other forumers will not be tolerated here, and if it continues, a suspention will follow.

You can both discuss this without it having to turn personal or hostile, but if problems continue, I'll have to close the thread.

ctiger69, consider this a warning. Name calling and insulting other forumers will not be tolerated here, and if it continues, a suspention will follow.

You can both discuss this without it having to turn personal or hostile, but if problems continue, I'll have to close the thread.

ctiger69, I have to agree with you, your right. Just say it in a differnt manner next time and ignore that young kid.

:rofl:

Well now isn't this interesting, "papa_spaz" and "ctiger69" are the same person. Or is it just a coincidence that the IP address is the same for both accounts, meaning that both users are posting from the same computer. :rolleyes:

Enjoy your banishment!

Well now isn't this interesting, "papa_spaz" and "ctiger69" are the same person. Or is it just a coincidence that the IP address is the same for both accounts, meaning that both users are posting from the same computer. :rolleyes:

Enjoy your banishment!

I knew it.... I KNEW IT!

Nate, you're the man.

Thanks for looking out for UP, USA South, Louisiana and all its subforums.

I think it's kind of silly to blackout an exhibition game.

Oh same here man, same here. But at the end of the day, it's all just a business, and Tom Benson and the NFL want as much money as they can possibly squeeze out of the SBC area.

Oh same here man, same here. But at the end of the day, it's all just a business, and Tom Benson and the NFL want as much money as they can possibly squeeze out of the SBC area.

I know... it's all business. It's all about the bizz'ness! :)

But I'd still love to watch live on ESPN! Hopefully...

It's businezz alright. Teams already play 4 pre-season games(a few 5?); 16 regular season games... then if you are lucky enough to reach the playoffs and Super Bowl that could total 23 or 24 games(depending on wild-card). :wacko: No wonder so many players get broke-up.

If it does end up getting blacked out up there, I'll send you a tape! ;)

A tape? You mean VHS? You have one of those dinosaurs? :lol:

I mentioned to my wife earlier this evening, that in the event the game is blacked out, her dad could tape it and send it to us. She replied with "What's that? Oh you mean a VCR? Does anyone even own those things anymore?" She's a smart alec like her husband... :lol:

Archived