Possible Texarkana Subforum

mcheiss

Texarkana Subforum  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a Texarkana Subforum

• Yes
    • No

Alright, I know there's a lot of criticism to splitting forums, but I've noticed plenty of topics and posts about Texarkana thanks to BigBoyz and SBCMetroGuy. I see plenty of opportunity in this possible subforum since you guys have a lot to talk about, but you are limited to your posts, since you have to post in the Arkansas Forum.

Anyways, I want to know, do you guys think this would be a good idea?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the heck, eh? :) I voted 'yes.'

Texarkana is pretty-much my second home so I'll always be interested as far as that region goes. How often will I post there? Surely not every single day, but fairly regularly nonetheless. I believe Darius would post in there like crazy, and all those posts will eventually be out there on Google for others to find. ;)

There are quite a few subforums on this site that have minimal traffic, but in due time it will (or should) pick up.

Is there a way to link the forum to both arkansas and texas? If so that would help to get more people aware of its existence.

That would be interesting and very fitting. I have no problems with a new subforum. Although there goes what activity there was for the main Arkansas forum. But it sounds like we might be opening a coffeeshop type topic in the main Arkansas forum so that might help.

It's not feasable or possible to have it linked to both.

Oh okay, thanks for the info. It seems Darius and I both post in the Arkansas forums more than Texas anyway, so this would be the most logical choice. I guess if someone from Texas wanted to find a Texarkana subforum here and there wasn't one in the Texas forums, that person SHOULD think of Arkansas next.

I think creating a Texarkana subforum is a great idea! I've already voted. The wheels are already beginning to turn in my head about possible topics. I love my hometown and want people here to know as much about my city as they can.

Cool.

Since you guys seem in support of it, I'll tell the Admin's about it and hopefully it'll be set up within a week.

I know you guys want to call the subforum "Texarkana". But I need a description for it as well.

Darius would probably be the best person to ask. He'll be the one contributing the most to it. maybe also the mention of southwest Arkansas, or maybe a mention of the Ark-La-Tex.

Darius would probably be the best person to ask. He'll be the one contributing the most to it. maybe also the mention of southwest Arkansas, or maybe a mention of the Ark-La-Tex.

How about Texarkana-Crown Jewel of SW Arkansas or Texarkana-Gateway to the American SW. I think mentioning other SW Arkansas communities is a good idea. Threads could be started on Hope, Nashville, Ashdown and Magnolia.

How about Texarkana-Crown Jewel of SW Arkansas or Texarkana-Gateway to the American SW. I think mentioning other SW Arkansas communities is a good idea. Threads could be started on Hope, Nashville, Ashdown and Magnolia.

You can start threads on any city, that's fine with me.

I think "Crown Jewel of SW Arkansas" sounds good to me. If you don't mind, I'll e-mail an Admin about it, and hopefully get it set up.

Archived