County Development

sunbums

Maricopa County is proposing developing the area just south of Jefferson east of 7th ave. This would be the lots just across the street from the Federal Courthouse and including the lot just south of Jefferson, across the street from the New Phoenix Police Dept. Crime Lab Building that's currently under construction. In case you didn't know that building going up across (south) from the Police HQ on Wash is the new Phoenix PD Forensics Crime lab. The first building the county is considering may be as high as 20 stories and will house all the county agencies currently spread all over the place. I find it interesting because it is in an area of town no one really thinks about because it's a fairly rough section, but I can picture development eventually stretching from 7th ave all the way west to the state capitol.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The county itself is proposing this? Are they going to set up some civic buildings, public structures?

I know that a lot of Phoenicians think that the area just west of Downtown is a war zone, but I really like that neighborhood. It would be a shame to lose it.

Maricopa County needs some kind of office consolidation, it's kind of a cluster ....... if you know what I mean. I'm sure a building like that of some kind wouldn't destroy a neighborhood. Maybe help it, give a little boost.

• 2 weeks later...

The county itself is proposing this? Are they going to set up some civic buildings, public structures?

I know that a lot of Phoenicians think that the area just west of Downtown is a war zone, but I really like that neighborhood. It would be a shame to lose it.

Yes it is the purely a county proposal. They actually own quite a bit of land in town. The building I am speaking of is for county use only and it will centralize county offices, 11 I believe, currently spread out around the city. I don't know of any other uses planned such as public structures. Yes that section of town is really a forgotten area and does remind one of a war zone for sure but lots of potential for development.

I will post pic's when construction begins as soon as I figure out how to do so....

Ok I have sent you a MJLO tutorial, don't be afraid if it confuses you. Most things I do are like that ;).

Any new news on this subject?

I did recieve and can't wait to give it a try. thanks again for sharing with me. I believe the building development goes before the council sometime mid Sept. for final approval. I'll keep you posted. Once it recieves approval constrution is slated to start ASAP. My plan, once it starts, will be to photo/document the construction process. Once again as soon as I here it's a go I'll let you know.

Archived