Dowtown Skyline / new construction

knightrider162

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:blink: That was a short trip. I'm surprised there isn't more going on downtown.

There is more... i just didnt get a chance to go through all of it... I was just driving through with some friends going to the battery and such... but those are the two biggest projects downtown right now... there are some sizable ones on george street and something is going on on morris street also but i couldnt go everywhere...

There is more... i just didnt get a chance to go through all of it... I was just driving through with some friends going to the battery and such... but those are the two biggest projects downtown right now... there are some sizable ones on george street and something is going on on morris street also but i couldnt go everywhere...

Thanks, man, for risking car sickness to take these pics! Unfortunately, it just confirms how thoroughly unimpressive Charleston

:blink: That was a short trip. I'm surprised there isn't more going on downtown.

I actually just returned from a trip to Charleston. There is alot more going on there than we have covered here on UP. Many projects are not on the beaten path for the average visitor. Thats just downtown too. The whole metro is experiencing growth and redevelopment.

I actually just returned from a trip to Charleston. There is alot more going on there than we have covered here on UP. Many projects are not on the beaten path for the average visitor. Thats just downtown too. The whole metro is experiencing growth and redevelopment.

Yup... Im suprised no one has written about the Bee Street Lofts being that that is quite a sizeable project here...I didnt know much about it since i was either busy or in clemson....

There is half a block between St Phillip, Coming St along Cannon St where they are building quite a few houses or condos (I can't tell).

Perhaps we need more organization for the Charleston section? Downtown alone should have its own thread.

That is the "Coming and Cannon" development. It is a mix of SFR, Condos and Commercial. In general, the corners will be anchored by commercial with residential above and the interior lots will be SFR. There are literally dozens of projects of this scale or larger.

the medical district has changed a lot. Fantastic pics of beautiful Charleston on the Bee Street Loft sites...Unfortuately, modern Charleston has not done very well in building high-rises & should prob. avoid them altogether. Those bulky, stout buildings seem more suited for the North Area...

That is the "Coming and Cannon" development. It is a mix of SFR, Condos and Commercial. In general, the corners will be anchored by commercial with residential above and the interior lots will be SFR. There are literally dozens of projects of this scale or larger.

Ah, that is good news then. I can think of several other projects, but I dont know what they are. You really can't go downtown and NOT see construction somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully something like a taller, nicer hotel for tourists and medical center visitors! :thumbsup:

^ I'd rather see an office building there. The new Bee Street Lofts buildings blocks the view of the Ashley from that site, which is a view a hotel should definitely have in that area of town. Otherwise you'd only have views of the hospital buildings and the Joe.

BTW, welcome back Charleston Native. We missed ya!

^ I'd rather see an office building there. The new Bee Street Lofts buildings blocks the view of the Ashley from that site, which is a view a hotel should definitely have in that area of town. Otherwise you'd only have views of the hospital buildings and the Joe.

BTW, welcome back Charleston Native. We missed ya!

Lsg, after thinking about it, I completely agree with you; the location is far more suitable for a large office building. It would be a prominent and excellent location for a 15-20 story office building allowing space for corporations and private doctors. It would definitely enhance the ever-changing skyline in that vicinity of DT. And thanks for the welcome back...getting a masters in health admin is as busy as med or law school! :wacko:

• 10 months later...

Archived