Where do we live, where do we wish we lived?

asylumhill

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I currently live in the South End of Hartford, near the West Hartford line...

If I had the choice to move anywhere in North America...I would like to move to NYC.

I'm going to stay in Hartford until it gets popping. Or until I get popping. Whatever comes first.

Live on the 20th floor at Park Place Towers. Just put a bid on a house in the West End.

Where is this located in relation to downtown? What are the rents? My company has a position available in the Hartford metro area and I'm thinking of putting in an offer. If accepted and I actually decide to take it, I would be looking in the cityand only the city.I hate the suburbs ! I've always wanted to live in a high-rise with a balcony and all the ones in RI are either luxury or housing. Thanks.

Where is this located in relation to downtown? What are the rents? My company has a position available in the Hartford metro area and I'm thinking of putting in an offer. If accepted and I actually decide to take it, I would be looking in the cityand only the city.I hate the suburbs ! I've always wanted to live in a high-rise with a balcony and all the ones in RI are either luxury or housing. Thanks.

I think it's maybe a mile or 1.5 miles from downtown. Kind of a self-contained area, not much life around it I believe. But spectacular views of downtown I bet, I've never been inside though.

I believe rates range from 850-1200?? Looked into it awhile back... It's a good 15 to 20 minute walk to downtown though... For another 300 you can be at Hartford 21...

I've lived in:

Cotuit, MA

Centerville, MA

Hyannis, MA

Sandwich, MA

Boston, MA

--Fenway

--Copley

--Allston

--Brighton

Portland, ME

Waltham, MA

New York, NY

--Astoria, Queens

--Flushing, Queens

Providence, RI

I'm happy in Providence, but I wouldn't mind having a beach house on Martha's Vineyard or a pied-

It's just outside of downtown, with awesome views of the surrounding area. Nice big park (Pope Park) is across the street, Park Street is right behind it and is the liveliest street in the city. Aetna Headquarters basically separates it from downtoan, but they are immaculately kept, and great people in those buildings, at least from what I've run into. Luca could give you a better run down, he lives there, I just work in there from time to time....

• 1 year later...

SERIOUSLY?!

That looks like a great house. If I were at all interested in a single family I would be getting a tour of that place this weekend.

on subject however...

Born on Shelter Island NY (an island near the hamptons)

at age 6 moved to Potsdam NY (near Canada, well North of Syracuse)

at 16 moved back to Shelter Island NY

Lived in Pt Judith RI for 2 years

Lived in StonyBrook Ny for 4 Years.

Lived in Auckland New Zealand for 1 year.

Now I am living in Manchester, CT for 1.5 years. Actively house shopping, so no Idea where I will end up. If there was a nice Condo downtown it might have been downtown, but will most likely be West Hartford. As it is central to both mine and my wifes job.

Sadly I will likely never live downtown in Hartford as Condos will be too slow in coming and by then I will have kids. Im 5 Years too old or something :)

Born: Worcester

Live: hick town, eastern Windham County

Want to live: Danbury/Bethel, Milford/Stratford

Wouldn't mind something around North Haven/Wallingford, or near Hartford. Would settle in the Ansonia/Derby/Shelton area if nothing else was better... or parts of West Haven.

I live in New Britain all my life and I am glad about it but it may not be the most exciting place in the nation but I still love my lil City which in New Britain Eastside Baby! But hey other place that I would move out of New Britain, I just don't know because NB is all I have and I grew up here and I don't really want to leave home and missing everything but I am looking forward what the future will hold for this city... ^_^

Archived