Does Pine Bluff have their own TV station?

bigboyz05

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I think basically only a few of the larger Arkansas cities on the edges of the state have their own stations. Jonesboro, the Ft Smith/NWA area, I'm guessing Texarkana does. Don't believe there's anything in southeast Arkansas though.

Yeah I think basically only a few of the larger Arkansas cities on the edges of the state have their own stations. Jonesboro, the Ft Smith/NWA area, I'm guessing Texarkana does. Don't believe there's anything in southeast Arkansas though.

El Dorado has a shared station market with Monroe, LA though when I was there a few years ago they were also getting all of the Little Rock stations. Most of the broadcast was from Monroe but they would have some stuff from El Dorado from a station office there, similar to the way Ft Smith and Fayetteville used to be.

I think Jonesboro just has one local station, KAIT. That may have changed.

Some parts of Eastern Ark get Memphis stations. Overall, though, I know more than half of the state gets LR stations.

I don't know about far SE Ark, they might get Monroe TV as well.

Madison County, Newton County, Eureka Springs, Harrison, and Mountain Home are all in the Springfield TV Market. I expect that to change due to NWA growing.

Yeah, I think when I first moved into NWA it seemed to me that Benton County seemed into some of the Missouri markets as well.

Texarkana and Shreveport share TV stations actually. KTAL (NBC) is actually based out of Texarkana, but its main TV studio is in Shreveport. The other major TV stations in Texarkana are actually Shreveport's KSLA (CBS,) KTBS (ABC,) and FOX, WB, etc stations. KSLA and KTBS, I believe, both have studios in Texarkana.

Madison County, Newton County, Eureka Springs, Harrison, and Mountain Home are all in the Springfield TV Market. I expect that to change due to NWA growing.

Matt, I think Madison County's in the FSM/NWA market now.

Back in the mid-80s when the FOX network was starting I think (think) that then-original affiliate in the LR market KJTM-TV tried to have a station or at least a transmitter in Pine Bluff...I don't know what that station is now but KLRT is now the FOX affiliate, I believe.

Chicot County in far southeast Arkansas is in the Greenville/Greenwood, MS DMA now...I think it used to be in Little Rock's.

Matt, I think Madison County's in the FSM/NWA market now.

Back in the mid-80s when the FOX network was starting I think (think) that then-original affiliate in the LR market KJTM-TV tried to have a station or at least a transmitter in Pine Bluff...I don't know what that station is now but KLRT is now the FOX affiliate, I believe.

Chicot County in far southeast Arkansas is in the Greenville/Greenwood, MS DMA now...I think it used to be in Little Rock's.

They're closer to Monroe, LA than LR and right across the river from Greenville but they still get both Greenville stations and LR area stations. A lot of cities and towns in border markets get both, just like NWA got KARK for a long time.

• 3 months later...
It's common in smaller media markets, largely to give you a choice of which newscast you want to watch. NWA used to get KARK from LR as well, though that was pulled a few years ago.

LR's never gotten anything but LR stations but that's because it's more of a primary media market and there's nothing closer than Memphis that would be a candidate for another broadcast.

El Dorado has a shared station market with Monroe, LA though when I was there a few years ago they were also getting all of the Little Rock stations. Most of the broadcast was from Monroe but they would have some stuff from El Dorado from a station office there, similar to the way Ft Smith and Fayetteville used to be.

I think Jonesboro just has one local station, KAIT. That may have changed.

Some parts of Eastern Ark get Memphis stations. Overall, though, I know more than half of the state gets LR stations.

I don't know about far SE Ark, they might get Monroe TV as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guys - if I'm not mistaken, I believe the NWA market receives feeds from Tulsa and JOPLIN, not Springfield. I can understand NWA receiving Tulsa broadcasts since its slightly larger and closer than LR, but having Joplin - in another state - instead of LR channels is way beyond logic. It really peeves me when I'm visiting my in-laws in Rogers that they get all of these stations that no one cares about while NOT receiving stations from the state capital.

And just a side note, when watching HS sports on the NWA channels, they ONLY cover teams from the NW and never even bother to list scores from the rest of the state. LR of course covers all the scores.

Guys - if I'm not mistaken, I believe the NWA market receives feeds from Tulsa and JOPLIN, not Springfield. I can understand NWA receiving Tulsa broadcasts since its slightly larger and closer than LR, but having Joplin - in another state - instead of LR channels is way beyond logic. It really peeves me when I'm visiting my in-laws in Rogers that they get all of these stations that no one cares about while NOT receiving stations from the state capital.

And just a side note, when watching HS sports on the NWA channels, they ONLY cover teams from the NW and never even bother to list scores from the rest of the state. LR of course covers all the scores.

Archived