Music scene in Charlotte

ScottCLT

This might sound stupid, but do you guys think we might ever run out of music? If at some point, every possible combination of good sounding notes were to be played, wouldn't it get harder and harder to come up with something original? :blink: I told ya it sounded stupid. :lol:

:shok:I've always thought that myself. Thought I was the only one. :rofl:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure about Nirvana, but I'm pretty sure Pearl Jam came there right before they hit it big. The one that kills me, is missing Radiohead at the Pterodactyl(sp?) club. :cry: It was right after their first album, I didn't know much about em. My best friends went, and I decided to do something else that night thinking they were probably just some one hit wonder band.

Radiohead paid Charlotte a 2nd visit in Spring 1994 when they played at the old Capri Theater on Independence. Anthrax also played there that year as well as a number of big name acts. The placed closed when 2 people got electrocuted from a bad wiring job that caused a window ledge to become live.

I vaguely remember Pearl Jams first visit but I was at their next visit on Oct. 4, 1996 at Memorial Stadium. What a show!! (I had to look at my ticket stub to get the exact date).

Of course, my favorite was Alice in Chains at Park Elevator in 1992.

Radiohead paid Charlotte a 2nd visit in Spring 1994 when they played at the old Capri Theater on Independence. Anthrax also played there that year as well as a number of big name acts. The placed closed when 2 people got electrocuted from a bad wiring job that caused a window ledge to become live.

I vaguely remember Pearl Jams first visit but I was at their next visit on Oct. 4, 1996 at Memorial Stadium. What a show!! (I had to look at my ticket stub to get the exact date).

Of course, my favorite was Alice in Chains at Park Elevator in 1992.

Aww man, I missed Radiohead in an intimate setting, twice! Arrgghh :angry:

Yep I remember the incident with the bad wiring. I thought it was just one person that got killed. It was a decent little venue. I believe that's where I saw Helmet with Bodycount(Ice T's old band) not too long before that happened.

Yep I remember the incident with the bad wiring. I thought it was just one person that got killed. It was a decent little venue. I believe that's where I saw Helmet with Bodycount(Ice T's old band) not too long before that happened.

it was just 1 kid that died... it was after a LEMONHEADS show.

the best shows that i have seen in charlotte are:

FUGAZI and SHUDDER TO THINK @ the 13/13

SWERVEDRIVER @ the milestone

BECK @ the grady cole

YO LA TENGO @ the visualite

BLONDE REDHEAD @ fatcity

PAVEMENT @ tremont

***there is an amazing show coming to the milestone in oct. THE MELVINS are going to play lil' ol' milestone on oct. 25... tix go on sale sept. 1. the last time the melvins played charlotte they were interviewed by a local zine called the "indie file"... the lead singer, king buzzo, called charlotte "the city that always sleeps". ha,ha... that was @ least 10 yrs ago... charlotte is @ least up till 2am these days.

I have seen the Melvins about 5 times and the the shows have gotten progressively worse. If you haven't seen them I would check them out. If you have seen them I wouldn't get your hopes up too high. The opener Big Business (ex Karp guys are pretty good though).

it was just 1 kid that died... it was after a LEMONHEADS show.

the best shows that i have seen in charlotte are:

FUGAZI and SHUDDER TO THINK @ the 13/13

SWERVEDRIVER @ the milestone

BECK @ the grady cole

YO LA TENGO @ the visualite

BLONDE REDHEAD @ fatcity

PAVEMENT @ tremont

***there is an amazing show coming to the milestone in oct. THE MELVINS are going to play lil' ol' milestone on oct. 25... tix go on sale sept. 1. the last time the melvins played charlotte they were interviewed by a local zine called the "indie file"... the lead singer, king buzzo, called charlotte "the city that always sleeps". ha,ha... that was @ least 10 yrs ago... charlotte is @ least up till 2am these days.

Man, I miss Pavement :(

What tour did they come to Charlotte for?

cinco, where did you hear about the melvins show at milestone. thats a pretty small venue for a band like the melvins. i'll definately have to check that out. where can you get the tickets?

a friend told me about it, and i verified the show on the milestones website. tix go on sail sept. the 1st - you can get them through etickets.

Hmmm, the Melvins aye....

I was a kid when Honey Bucket came out. Man I liked that song.....

Never really followed them after that....

I'll have to throw in one show that stood out for me at a small venue called Ziggy's in Winston Salem in 1993.

It was a Brazilian heavy metal band named SEPULTURA. My ears are still ringin' from that concert!!

I don't think Ziggy's is there any more but they had a real knack for getting big name bands.

Archived