Waterfall Shoppes

GRM76

Been wanting to take this pic for months. The distance from my office to this site is about the same as from the senator to GRPD up Monroe Center, but it feels like a thousand miles.

cascade4.jpg

Close-up of the ped pushbutton and its access blocked by the utility pedestal. (I was standing on the curb cut to shoot this.)

sidewlk3.jpg

Interesting design. I stepped it off: the full width is four steps, or half of 5 yards, or 7.5 feet. The wider portion is about 5' wide, and the extra strip was added sometime later. (See the comment about the "lowest bidder.")

sidewlk1.jpg

Funny vegetation out here. Seems to die in a narrow strip along the roadway. (We don't need no steenkin' sidewalks.) This is looking west with my back to the Twp sign, along the cemetery frontage.

sidewlk4.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The high spots in my yard look like that right now, brown and crispy. August has been a beautiful but very dry month. That area must not get any kind of irrigation, and it's sort of on a "crown", hence the brown patch. Plus, the heat effect of all those cars and pavement probably puts a lot of stress on the grass. It'd be interesting to monitor the temperatures in that area compared to just a few yards away.

sidewlk4.jpg

But this stretch. I can't imagine how much water they're dumping on it right now to keep it that green. :o

sidewlk1.jpg

Been wanting to take this pic for months. The distance from my office to this site is about the same as from the senator to GRPD up Monroe Center, but it feels like a thousand miles.

Funny vegetation out here. Seems to die in a narrow strip along the roadway. (We don't need no steenkin' sidewalks.) This is looking west with my back to the Twp sign, along the cemetery frontage.

sidewlk4.jpg

I'm sure you see the problem here. If you put a sidewalk here than people are going to start walking on it and then they're going to want a sidewalk on the west side of Patterson from Home Depot up to East Paris, and then more people will be walking and people will be walking here and walking there and talking to each other and, oh jeez, it will be mass chaos.

Archived