CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Brick Street Lofts

GvilleSC

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One big factor is how well the space is laid out. I use to live in a 1200 sq. ft. house, with 2 BR and 2 Baths. I now live in a 900 sq. ft condo, 2 Br 1 ba. I would love to have an extra 20-30 sq. ft in the spare Bedroom, but otherwise it is perfect. Both the Master BR and the Living Room are bigger than the ones in the house, even though the house was one third bigger.

The space in the condo is better utilized, less wasted space (hallways, etc.)

• 2 weeks later...

Great! I rode down Augusta Street to reach downtown last night and Greenville High was all lit up. The lights look to be permanent and not construction related, which I hope they stay. They really brightened up the area and took away the sketchy (for a lack of better word) feeling. I see it as one more step in making the West End a better place to live, shop, eat, and work. :thumbsup:

Great! I rode down Augusta Street to reach downtown last night and Greenville High was all lit up. The lights look to be permanent and not construction related, which I hope they stay. They really brightened up the area and took away the sketchy (for a lack of better word) feeling. I see it as one more step in making the West End a better place to live, shop, eat, and work. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^ Thanks for the photo update on this one! This is one of my favorite projects in Greenville at the moment. Being built right up to the sidewalk, and being located immediately adjacent to the cafe, this will really make a large impact on West End.

• 4 weeks later...

These are moving right along! I was by this morning and the entire 4th floor (3rd floor from Augusta, 4th floor from backside), is completely framed and looks like they are starting on the 5th floor / sundecks (4th from Augusta, 5th from backside). This little development being alongside Brick Street really changes the face of this area. :thumbsup:

Anyone know who owns the little row of buildings across the side street (fronting Augusta) from these condos? I can see this little row getting a makeover soon.....would be the perfect spot for a restaurant/retail, IMO.

Archived