List of Hotels Planned for NWA

mcheiss

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is. I'm not sure though if that's going to be the brand of this particular hotel.

I heard a while back from someone who works with Nock that it would be a renaissance hotel-yes. That is a high-end marriott product.

I read in the newspaper today that Rogers could possibly have 6 new hotels in its market. They are proposing a 51,000 sq. ft. Mainstay Suites that will be adjacent to the new Homewood Suites and County Inn & Suites on Walnut.

Another hotel planned for Walnut corridor

Sounds like just another mediocre, vendor-oriented two-star hotel, of which we already have too many. Don't these developers and planners get it?? More of the same crap means when the market slows down no one will have a differentiated offering.

I heard a while back from someone who works with Nock that it would be a renaissance hotel-yes. That is a high-end marriott product.

Sounds like just another mediocre, vendor-oriented two-star hotel, of which we already have too many. Don't these developers and planners get it?? More of the same crap means when the market slows down no one will have a differentiated offering.

May'be you haven't heard of Mainstay before. It's a pretty nice extended stay hotel that's operated by Choice Hotels. It's by far the nicest Choice Hotel brand. BTW, not everyone can afford a 5 star hotel, you have to have the basics to support the bulk of the general population.

May'be you haven't heard of Mainstay before. It's a pretty nice extended stay hotel that's operated by Choice Hotels. It's by far the nicest Choice Hotel brand. BTW, not everyone can afford a 5 star hotel, you have to have the basics to support the bulk of the general population.

I understand that but we have too much of the same product. Differentiation is desperately needed. Believe me, when the vendors slow down their travel schedules a lot of these places will all get hurt. Their owners will inevitably blame the economy. Ditto for subdivisions where all the houses look like they were dropped here from the DFW area, non-descript office buildings, mediocre chain restaurants, and strip malls with insurance companies and mortgage companies and bad hair supply stores. They will all suffer with a downturn whereas differentiated offerings are what will sell. I have seen this before.

I understand that but we have too much of the same product. Differentiation is desperately needed. Believe me, when the vendors slow down their travel schedules a lot of these places will all get hurt. Their owners will inevitably blame the economy.

Vendors are required to come to NWA and nearly all spend the night in a hotel room. Believe me, vendors will stay the night in the area, b/c most only care about their presentations, not what their rooms look like. Most go for whatever they can find, since the market is sold out almost every week day. They'll take anything from a room in the Embassy Suites to a Super 8 Motel room.

Also, there's plenty of upscale hotels coming to the market. W Aloft is building a 5 floor hotel in Rogers, Embassy Suites will have 400 rooms by next year, Westin will be building a 22 Floor Hotel in Rogers, the Divinity Project in Downtown Fayetteville is suppose to include an upscale hotel, the Renaissance Project which is suppose to include a nice Marriott hotel.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I would post some pics of a few hotels under construction in Rogers. The two hotels are a Country Inn & Suites and a Homewood Suites by Hilton. This development is right off Walnut Street and 40th Street in the somewhat northern portion of Rogers.

[

I'm sorry but I sure don't see how these kinds of hotels enhance our area. Flash forward twenty years from now and I can see hookers and truck drivers renting those rooms cheap--just like they do some of our crappy hotels on North College in Fayetteville!

• 8 months later...

More hotels popping up in Fayetteville. Here is a list of the newest ones under construction.

Staybridge Suites on 15th street.

Value Place near 540 and 6th.

Candlewood Suites near 540 and 6th.

Cortyard by Marriott (I think) on Mall Ave.

More hotels popping up in Fayetteville. Here is a list of the newest ones under construction.

Staybridge Suites on 15th street.

Value Place near 540 and 6th.

Candlewood Suites near 540 and 6th.

Cortyard by Marriott (I think) on Mall Ave.

The Staybridge on 15th looks very close to being done on the outside. It is a pretty nice looking mixed developmet, University Place, I think it's called. A commercial center wraps around the street frontage and the hotel is set back. Both the Candlewood (near Hollywood and 6th - 2270 W 6th is the address) and the Staybridge will be walking distance to the UA. The Staybridge should sell out before any other hotel for graduation, Wal-Mart meeting, football games, etc. That is a prime location. Razorback Road widening is complete, too. Four lanes open, median (that badly needs some landscaping) and turn lanes at the baseball field, that Hawg Pizza and the revenue office. They smoothed out the RR crossing too.

Candlewood won't be open until Jan. 08. The ValuePlace at Old Farmington and Shiloh should open before that.

The Staybridge on 15th looks very close to being done on the outside. It is a pretty nice looking mixed developmet, University Place, I think it's called. A commercial center wraps around the street frontage and the hotel is set back. Both the Candlewood (near Hollywood and 6th - 2270 W 6th is the address) and the Staybridge will be walking distance to the UA. The Staybridge should sell out before any other hotel for graduation, Wal-Mart meeting, football games, etc. That is a prime location. Razorback Road widening is complete, too. Four lanes open, median (that badly needs some landscaping) and turn lanes at the baseball field, that Hawg Pizza and the revenue office. They smoothed out the RR crossing too.

Candlewood won't be open until Jan. 08. The ValuePlace at Old Farmington and Shiloh should open before that.

I wondered where the 2270 W. 6th St. address of the Candlewood Suites was ever since it first came before the city months ago. Today I figured it out. The dirt work I had noticed next to Blockbuster is the driveway for the hotel, which will sit directly behind Blockbuster. Great use of a very small lot that might never have been utilized in another way.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived