List of Hotels Planned for NWA

mcheiss

More Hotels needed in Fayetteville and many more coming. The city currently has 21 hotels with over 1800 rooms but that is not enough to pull in larger conventions and certainly not enough for home football games.

The four newest hotels include the Value Place Inn with 121 rooms, the Marriott Courtyard with 114 rooms, Staybridge Suites with 109 rooms, and Candlewood Suites with 78 rooms. This added 422 rooms in 2007.

There are plans for a Homewood Suites (I think that is what it is called) on Wedington. Too bad they can't get the Renaissaince Hotel going faster. They might have a new hotel and parking garage on Dickson by the time it gets finished.

Here is a link to the story from the Times: More Hotels Coming

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More Hotels needed in Fayetteville and many more coming. The city currently has 21 hotels with over 1800 rooms but that is not enough to pull in larger conventions and certainly not enough for home football games.

The four newest hotels include the Value Place Inn with 121 rooms, the Marriott Courtyard with 114 rooms, Staybridge Suites with 109 rooms, and Candlewood Suites with 78 rooms. This added 422 rooms in 2007.

There are plans for a Homewood Suites (I think that is what it is called) on Wedington. Too bad they can't get the Renaissaince Hotel going faster. They might have a new hotel and parking garage on Dickson by the time it gets finished.

Here is a link to the story from the Times: More Hotels Coming

Not much going on at the spot near the Embassy. The wind blew the construction sign down and no on put it back up.

I'm not holding much hope on it, unless someone else comes to do it.

Of course, I just checked the Westin site and they've pushed the completion date into May of 2009, which shows somebody talked to somebody. Who knows?

Why someone hasn't developed a large hotel (not cheap motel) on 6th street near the University is beyond me.

They'd be THE prime spot for football games, graduation weekend and Wal-Mart shareholders meetings.

6th is also a quick route to 540, which means they could hope to bring in some business travelers.

Instead, 6th has developed several strip malls and fast food joints the past decade.

Archived