downtown land for sale

cityboi

One of downtown Greensboro's older buildings are for sale. The building and land is located at the northwest corner of Church Street and Friendly Ave. It was the for home of the Imani Institute Charter School which closed its doors a few weeks ago. Office and condominums have been suggested for the building which could include a sky walk to the city parking deck next door. The article says the floors could be added to the building as well. It will be interesting to see what becomes of this.

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...C0101/608140306

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a great property with lots of potential. The price seems kind of steep though, so that might be a big deterant.

There is a lot of activity right now with propeties being sold and bought dt. That means there will be developments coming down the pipe. :) I can't wait.

According to the NR, someone has bought this property after being on the market less than a week. No one knows who the buyer is, but the building will be converted into offices. This article also talks about the 5 acre tract of land across from the building that is being bought by the Weaver Foundation.

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...C0101/608180303

According to the NR, someone has bought this property after being on the market less than a week. No one knows who the buyer is, but the building will be converted into offices. This article also talks about the 5 acre tract of land across from the building that is being bought by the Weaver Foundation.

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...C0101/608180303

cool. though I wish it would be converted into something more interesting like some sort of educational museum or a small aquarium.

This is good news and illustrates how hot the market is dt. I'm sure the vacant land behind the building will be developed. We will have to wait and see how it will be used.

The five acre tract across the street will be fun to watch.

All in all there is a lot of activity going on.

This is good news and illustrates how hot the market is dt. I'm sure the vacant land behind the building will be developed. We will have to wait and see how it will be used.

The five acre tract across the street will be fun to watch.

All in all there is a lot of activity going on.

I wish they would build an 8 to 10 story condo tower on the vacant land.

Or maybe the Triad Tower proposal could be moved there instead of building it near the airport. ;)

Archived