Engineering Firm Moving to Fayetteville St.

DanRNC

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone think that the developers/building owners in downtown Raleigh search for this type of information as much as we do? Sounds like a potential business. It could be someone who matches available space/or upcoming space with those who need the square feet/or want to build it? It would have to be more inclusive than the Downtown Raleigh Alliance would be, I know, just a crazy idea! :silly:

I think this is great. I have to wonder and I know this is another thread, but a question......What is First Citizens thinking now? My guess is Mr. Holden and team is happy with the old Cameron Brown/BTI Building at North Hills.

The other question is what do the people who run McKinney and Silver think now that F-Street is finished. They left because of all the construction and the inability to get space on fewer floors. Now they are at the American Tobacco project so I think they like it there but have to be wondering what it would be like to be back in Raleigh?

To me, M&S was the biggest loss to DT in the last 40 years.

Holding. I imagine that First Citizens is "holding" tight to see how North Hills East works out. Those towers could be a perfect home for FC (exposure, location, great work environment). If Kane's plan A doesn't go through, then I wonder if FC stays with their suburban campus concept while downtown is on fire.

If you ever see an incredibly deranged 40yo female out in the middle of Wake Forest or Six Forks road cussing at traffic and flailing her arms, it's Holding's daughter. She stood up in church when she was 14 and screamed "satan lives". That was about the time that she took her braces off with a pair of pliers one day. I saw her the other day and people were running red lights to avoid her. Meanwhile Dorothea Dix is ?shrinking? Poor family. Her sister is great, other the other hand. What a mess.

A couple of more announcements like this and the need for large open space could happen. Not sure how much of the RBC building is not bank related but since it is coming on line soon, it would be perfect.

The issue with DT is since the buildings are cut up into small partials, not much room for a large office rollout to happen. My guess is RBC will take some of these but a couple of big announcements could drive to more building. Could push the Reynolds building faster if it happens at all.

For those who remember, the two buck teeth DT (Wachovia and BBT buildings) were built around the same time.

Holding.

If you ever see an incredibly deranged 40yo female out in the middle of Wake Forest or Six Forks road cussing at traffic and flailing her arms, it's Holding's daughter. She stood up in church when she was 14 and screamed "satan lives". That was about the time that she took her braces off with a pair of pliers one day. I saw her the other day and people were running red lights to avoid her. Meanwhile Dorothea Dix is ?shrinking? Poor family. Her sister is great, other the other hand. What a mess.

I met one of them years ago in Chapel Hill. Of course, I was just some drunk at a drunkfest but for some reason I remember that.

I know lots of those guys at Stewart Engineering... I used to work there. I had heard they were going to move, but didn't realize it was this soon--although it's going to be up to 18 months away. If they combine with their current DT offices in Raleigh (Montegue Bldg), they may need more than 30k sf. If I had to guess I'd think they would not be able to afford the rents in Site 1 or RBC and the timing might not work for them anyway. Maybe one of Hatem's bldgs--Commerce or Old Fellows perhaps.

DwnTwnRaleighGuy,

That is one of the Alliance's primary functions. However, there is also another industry heavily involved in facilitating such deals. Individuals in said field are commonly known as "commercial brokers", and in some cases, "developers".

Thank you! :)

I had an idea that the Alliance probably had similar functions and had heard of commercial brokers. But didn't know if there were a better/different way? Out side of the box as it where. Like people who have the desires for a certain area like we do and seem to know the area pretty well. Not to mention our use of the internet and some peoples connections. Anyway, nothing more than a passing thought? :D

• 2 months later...

Archived