Potential Massive Development on Beaver Lake

mcheiss

This is an extremly interesting story that I have found on Arkansas Business's website.

Here's the article.

Former NFL Players Interested In Eagles' Bluff

By Northwest Arkansas Business Journal Staff

8/14/2006

There's been a lot of talk about development around Beaver Lake. But the talk surrounding 2,355 acres in Benton County off Arkansas Highway 62 is particularly interesting.

The acreage, listed by Clark Long & Associates of Fayetteville for $12.5 million, has three local groups interested in it, said Carter Clark, the company's vice president and broker. But the group we're curious about is the one we hear involves former and current NFL players.

A source who requested anonymity confirmed the NFL land prospectors as one of the groups. They declined to name the members but did say none were former Arkansas Razorbacks players.

Still, we're curious as to what NFL players would want with 2,355 acres on Beaver Lakes. But, a pattern might be emerging with professional athletes and real estate. Former Hog and current NBA player Corliss Williamson is learning the real estate ropes in Little Rock.

Eagle's Bluff LP is the owner of the "largest piece" of land on the lake. Clark said the company is offering it whole or in three parts.

I'm wondering if this is just a simple short term investment plan to get hype up about Beaver Lake land, and then selling it off for double what they bought it for. Disney has been known to do this many times. Who knows?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. It could be short term. Especially since it's not involving any former Razorbacks. Seems odd that non Razorbacks would be interested in buying that much land around here. That could potentially be close to Rogers. Actually it could potentially be pretty close to Grandview Heights. Not sure where exactly on Hwy 62 they're talking about. I would assume closer to Rogers and the lake. If it does turn out to be some big development I'm sure we'll hear a lot more complaints. A development there in that area of the lake won't bother me. I think allowing development along the northwest part and I wouldn't have any problems on preventing any big developments in the other areas of the lake.

Interesting. It could be short term. Especially since it's not involving any former Razorbacks. Seems odd that non Razorbacks would be interested in buying that much land around here. That could potentially be close to Rogers. Actually it could potentially be pretty close to Grandview Heights. Not sure where exactly on Hwy 62 they're talking about. I would assume closer to Rogers and the lake. If it does turn out to be some big development I'm sure we'll hear a lot more complaints. A development there in that area of the lake won't bother me. I think allowing development along the northwest part and I wouldn't have any problems on preventing any big developments in the other areas of the lake.

Mith, don't forget...this man is one of the key players in the new condos at Coose Hollow on Beaver Lake.

Perhaps out-of-state investors are also discovering Arkansas at the land rather than the stock share level.

If anyone's interested in Eagle's Bluff on Beaver Lake I had posted their website link a while back. And BTW Eagle's Bluff does seem more like a "land-investment opportunity" than an actual development.

You should be more worried about the super-sized sprawl development called Eagle's Bluff on Beaver Lake. It'll be 2,355 lakefront acres with over 4 miles of shoreline and several hundred luxury homes with easy access to Beaver Lake!

Archived